Stihl 038AV Magnum - choke problem

TimSim

Not really sure how a parts list can give the right filter. :confused:

There are many types of these filters of varying size yet they all look the same, the carb inlet from filter will be the same dimensions so will the holding screws, yet the outer of the filter could be wrong.

Just an assumption as the choke control doesn't touch the choke lever in filter. Meaning the filter could be too small for the saw.

Just an observation. If someone had a 038 they could measure there filter and see.

Thanks for the info, Garden Kit. They are metal mesh filters. In the light of this all except the choke shutter are correct. Where do I find the serial number?

I have made a call to Stihl agent for the shutter but the spares man is to call back.

I am off for a fortnight's holiday on Sunday so I guess I'll have to fix this on my return.

Tim

Yeah yeah. I'm tired. Just tried to undo the pull start assembly on the 200t, woundering why it won't undo. Then realize I'm using the stihl combi spanner with the flat head screwdriver on it not the torx bit.........

I'm quitting and having a snooze.

I am hoping this issue is fixed. The local Stihl agent returned my call and he had a secondhand filter unit from a 038AV which he would sell for £4.80. So I went to see and his filter unit was identical to mine but his Choke Shutter worked perfectly when installed in the 038AV from which it came. The Switch shaft looked almost identical but perhaps a bit more hooked. So we fitted my filter unit to his 038AV and it also worked well. So I bought a new switch shaft and will fit on my return.

Many thanks for the help you have given me.

Tim