Chogging

LumberJake

I know of a lad from Bedford who only used his strop and he chogged a section out lent forward and when he lent back his flipline came over the top of the stem he fell 50 ft onto a brick wall and broke his back. !! Lived though and can still walk

Nasty! One to remember!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have absolutely no idea what all that means:001_smile: (I know you love your bits and bobs Simon!)

I use my mainline nice and loose Under the flip line so in the (unlikely) event of cutting the flip line you have a back-up.

Not all the time mind just if for some reason I feel vulnerable.

On a straightforward chog, just the flipline.

Come again....? I don't know what you're talking about.... :001_tongue:

I do love my odds and sods, but I don't like clutter, especially in front of me on a stem.

Not doing it day in day out means I have to keep it simple to avoid confusion :laugh1:

I've used the wrench on the stem like Rich uses and if I get to do a whole dismantle on it then I'll finish on it, but if I'm spiking up and dismantling back down (which is more likely) then I don't bother setting it up.

My entire kit for the whole job comprises spikes, flip line, climbing line, figure 8 and 1 biner. Very minimalist and most unlike me! :biggrin::laugh1:

• 2 weeks later...

Easy, unclip the main line from your anchor point, wrap it around the main stem and tighten it up (below the flip line). Mace your hips inline with the flip line, and have your legs straight.

No need for all this shiny new expensive fancy crap....old school rules!!