Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

Hi TCD, had the same problem with the O rings on the roof of my 578, i leave the seat facing rearwards all the time and not had a problem with them since, going to do away with those push in connectors and O rings when i have time.I,m going to convert the 678 harvestor i,ve got, back to a forwarder i know where there is a set of timber bunks local to me and i think i,l put the Keto 51 ld head up for sale and bolt the crane back on the roof and already got a spare grab to go on it.

Brushcutter, yes a couple of those logs want a couple of foot trimming off, to 16 foot.

County 764, They have either, the 578 has leavers and spools under the

seat, 678 has joysticks and is a much more modern machine.

You can see in the photos the 678 looks more modern and has about 6 inch more ground clearance and a turbo.

1379272_607081096014926_41175320_n.jpg.8915c96feb8dcde35639df8d560780b2.jpg

1236281_615725951817107_1212984368_n.jpg.0ac922a2c6bfbc9fde42e1df0b9f77e1.jpg

10175983_694580977264937_4975085350030932495_n.jpg.08a03f5c2eab5bc3883940beb3c87f1f.jpg

Do the Bruunetts have joystick controls or leavers ?

that one at Landmark is wasted must of been sitting there for at least 10 years?

What a waste; completely agree.

As below, 578 has levers altho I have seen one converted to mini-levers. (see pics).

going to do away with those push in connectors and O rings when i have time

Took the words right out of my mouth... are you changing to conventional push in hyd couplings? Thanks.

578F6.jpg.42ec9aa0299e4beb3be4d98267bf8efe.jpg

597668e4e30f6_578seat.jpg.5647cdf99eeb0f4f080171c12e24acb4.jpg

Probably more aimed at TCD and Elf, but how do you guys find the little Bruunets are for reliability on the whole?

There's plenty of work round us for a smaller machine, and ideally not tractor and trailer based and I keep coming back to the Bruunet idea, espeically the older ones with proper spools (hopefully make the transition across from tractor based a lot easier too) and mechanical gearbox.

More often than not it would be private landownrs and estate work (rather than FC etc) so age isn't really an issue if it's goign to do the job and do it well.

Other idea I had was to have some brackets to be able to sit soemthing like a patu processor on the bed too for trackside processing - would there be enough spare hydraulic power do you think?

Edited by Chris Sheppard

Probably more aimed at TCD and Elf, but how do you guys find the little Bruunets are for reliability on the whole?

There's plenty of work round us for a smaller machine, and ideally not tractor and trailer based and I keep coming back to the Bruunet idea, espeically the older ones with proper spools (hopefully make the transition across from tractor based a lot easier too) and mechanical gearbox.

More often than not it would be private landownrs and estate work (rather than FC etc) so age isn't really an issue if it's goign to do the job and do it well.

Other idea I had was to have some brackets to be able to sit soemthing like a patu processor on the bed too for trackside processing - would there be enough spare hydraulic power do you think?

Funny you should say this now. I am seriously glad I bought my Bruunett when I did as there are a few people after them down here; even a very major contractor wants one to add to his fleet; offered me 3 times what I paid for it! The Valmet 820 is exactly the same size and has a much faster loader than the 578 altho the even rarer 678 loader is quite quick; try finding an 820! B's have their limitations; slow crane and poor reach with the standard Cranab 4115 (but strong), levers physically limit the crane function speed, don't lock up in the middle, leak oil from the roof (as mentioned!) and do not relish overloading so don't think about extender pins. Difflocks jam on so mine had a lot of disconnected features! Mine is ex FC so very well maintained in other ways. Plus points: International engine (atmo or blown) is a dream; atmo is amazingly frugal on juice. Will go where a tractor won't with a very smooth ride. I reckon a tractor and drive trailer would be as good in the mud (but never over stumps - the bogies deal with them 'ansome) but you have to think about legs all the time. For short routes the purpose built is so much more productive, altho the bunk length is officially 2 x 2m; 2.2s are ok but 2.3s are hard work to load. Now mine has had a few minor issues ironed out it just works and works and in respect of the capital outlay is a money making machine. It is now boringly reliable. I need to sort out my difflocks tho as it's prone to slipping as my tyres are getting a bit low! Here's a pic of a processor one!

1688.jpg.7a97b8df24c7636acc70ab5abd3de6f7.jpg