Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

Hi , TCD, i,ve got the front difflock working, i welded a piece of flat bar, onto the difflock spindle where it comes out of side of the gearbox/diff and cut a slot in the cab floor for the flatbar to stick through and i can operate it with my left heel. The rear difflock i,ve piped up to the cab and i connected it to a small 12v compressor and use airpressure to activate it. It works but not as well as i,d hoped for. When i got this forwarder, all the pipework and valves and pedals/levers for the difflock were missing, so i have no idea where the rear difflock pedal should be or where it picks up it,s hydraulic feed from??? So any info on the hydraulic circuit for the rear difflock on a 578 Bruunett would be appreciated. Also looking for a set of chains to fit it.

Cheers Mark.

Hi , TCD, i,ve got the front difflock working, i welded a piece of flat bar, onto the difflock spindle where it comes out of side of the gearbox/diff and cut a slot in the cab floor for the flatbar to stick through and i can operate it with my left heel. The rear difflock i,ve piped up to the cab and i connected it to a small 12v compressor and use airpressure to activate it. It works but not as well as i,d hoped for. When i got this forwarder, all the pipework and valves and pedals/levers for the difflock were missing, so i have no idea where the rear difflock pedal should be or where it picks up it,s hydraulic feed from??? So any info on the hydraulic circuit for the rear difflock on a 578 Bruunett would be appreciated. Also looking for a set of chains to fit it.

Cheers Mark.

Maybe yours was an ex-commission one as well?!! Everything in mine is disconnected except the foot brake. Diffs, handbrake, a/c / heater. PITA really, went skiing in mine today for about 40 yards before the slope levelled out. :lol:

Cheers Mark.

Did you not get the tracks off Gary when you "bought" it Mark??

Hi TCD, yes that sounds the same as our's even the footbrake was missing.

Blimey; having to hold it in reverse on the trans when pointing downhill then; same here as the handbrake is disconnected - looks an easy fix tho. Not sure I can be bothered as the Bruunett is rapidly becoming unviable economically as it's a thinnings machine and simply can't get the wood out fast enough. Will keep the 578 tho - perfect for small volume jobs.

PM me your address; got the manual to post to you :thumbup1: