Insurance costs

Kenty

Just been getting quotes for my renewal, last year around 500 all in, this year around 800 all in.

I know the insurers have to recoup their costs as there has been a rise in thefts but I wish the police would take these thefts seriously as it affects all of us.

I had my truck & chipper stolen around four years ago and the reply I got when phoning the local nick was to give the crime number to my insurer.

They didn't even come out even though I called within ten minutes of it gone & probably would have passed them.

We are looking in the region of 15 grand at the least which small businesses just can't afford, I didn't claim as I knew I would be paying for it next year.

If I went in the bank and stole 15 grand I'd be doing a seven stretch.

I know some of you have been in the same boat as me, so there has got to be something we can do to get the police interested in these thefts and get our premiums to a reasonable level.

I know 800 isn't a massive amount for the risk involved in the work we do but over half is insuring our kit from these scumbags.

get hold of your country watch officer sussex have them and tell him or her. trouble is if you go through the normal channels it just gets put down as a crime statistic. failing that get hold of the police commissioner. he is there to right the wrongs. let him know your feelings. and you want something done. 15k is not a small sum.

re insurance try concorde insurance at eastleigh just done me a very good quote for all my jobs