Diagnostic tool calibration

David Humphries

A year into running an IML PD400 Resistograph, I have been efficiently informed by the machine that it is due for calibration (after 12 months or 1000 drills which ever comes first) which would require part of the machine to go back to Germany.

We've carried out somewhere in the region of three hundred drills (the majority of these have not been for reports)

I can see the need for calibration from a legal stand point but at roughly a twelth of the cost of the machine, this ongoing regular maintenance is a costly affair.

Interested to know if practitioners of any of the Tomographs (or Resistographs) are open to this level of maintenance/calibration?

If so, were you aware of the level of comittment ?

appreciate any feedback

David

IMG_0564.jpg.966bb78cfa655d986b5c3d04964ec14d.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg.737b41a5b7f941e77623c04a467fe35c.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg.54759e6b96d9aadf3d6b143f4cb98382.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg.6a276632b8aa980ab5a57b0b0b0666c6.jpg

I don't recall there being any such ongoing costs for the PICUS when I had to make the business case for it when at the Council.

We have an older Resi somewhere in the office - I don't think its ever been back to the fatherland...

Perhaps the older resi's don't have the "unique dual motor technology" & are not in need of calibration ??

Ours makes espresso during operation :biggrin:

I think I'm going to send it back to "das land ov mine fathers" (we've always wondered if my dad was actually a german MilchHerr named fritz in Hanover, but thats another story), as it would appear that this is within the guideline usage.

Don't imagine that I'll prescribe to this as an annual event.

Perhaps on every 1000 drills instead.

Will be a bit of down time I guess during transit to & fro, but should be back via carrier pidgeon in good time, as long as it doesn't get shot down over the white cliffs :biggrin:

this is fairly normal for scientific equipment, even the fractometer would need calibration to be upheld as evidence for instance

Have you experience of sending back equipment to IML Tony?

Any issues?

Have you had to factor in long term costs with maintaining this type of equipment?