Igland 3000 double drum

highland dave

I was only pulling in close up Jon. Will it only pull max load at max lengh? I will give jas p Wilson a ring on Monday. It hadn't been used for 12 months before I got it, but I have been using copious amounts of wd40 whilst removing the winch from the butt plate! Will I need to remove the wire rope and drum to get to the clutch? Thanks for the rapid replys

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only pulling in close up Jon. Will it only pull max load at max lengh? I will give jas p Wilson a ring on Monday. It hadn't been used for 12 months before I got it, but I have been using copious amounts of wd40 whilst removing the winch from the butt plate! Will I need to remove the wire rope and drum to get to the clutch? Thanks for the rapid replys

HI MATE how much have you got on there then as winch only max load at empty drum as when rope comes into winch the gearing driffent go on igland site they tell what winch will pull at driffent pulls but that winch will only pull less 2ton on a full 100mt 11mm drum thats not a lot on a butt thanks jon :thumbup:

You only get the stated pull on the first few wraps on the drum. Hence why people say buy bigger than you need. The other way to do it is to use a snatch block set up to get the stated pull close in.

As for adjusting the clutch i only know how to do a Fransgard but it really is as simple backing off two bolts then doing them up tight then backing them off a quater turn.

Did any of the WD40 get on the clutch plate? It's not good for them causes them to slip...

I've probs got close to 100m on 11mm. A couple of the pulls were on a redirect and probs close to 50m of cable out an still wouldn't pull! Could the bearings have anything to do with it if Their worn? I had a goo look around the engaging arm but couldn't work out where there was any adjustment! Should I take the cable off and remove the drum to inspect the clutch plates?

You only get the stated pull on the first few wraps on the drum. Hence why people say buy bigger than you need. The other way to do it is to use a snatch block set up to get the stated pull close in.

As for adjusting the clutch i only know how to do a Fransgard but it really is as simple backing off two bolts then doing them up tight then backing them off a quater turn.

Did any of the WD40 get on the clutch plate? It's not good for them causes them to slip...

HI BRUSH i no that say 90mt out of a 100mt 11mm rope on the drum then your pulling 5.5tons if it all good i do i ran one for 4/ years thanks and you can look up data on winch on the igland site they will tell you thanks jon :thumbup:

I've probs got close to 100m on 11mm. A couple of the pulls were on a redirect and probs close to 50m of cable out an still wouldn't pull! Could the bearings have anything to do with it if Their worn? I had a goo look around the engaging arm but couldn't work out where there was any adjustment! Should I take the cable off and remove the drum to inspect the clutch plates?

HI HIGGS your saying it will not pull BUT WHAT ARE TRYING TO PULL as your way down on power at 50mt from a 100mt rope on drum thanks jon :thumbup:

Hey Jon, I was pulling a few hung up trees and some old windblown, nothing more than 20" max and maybe 50ft long. All soft wood. It just seems to give up pulling even when pulling a couple of lengths down a track! Ended up pulling with the tractor!!

Have you tried putting the winch on another tractor? if the winch pulls ok on a different tractor that shows the problem is not with the winch but with the PTO shaft on the original tractor, just have a look at the pto shaft on the tractor the winch is on now and look to see if the pto shaft slows down when making the winch work under load,( take care with not to get tangled with the shaft if you have to get remove the pto guards) if you notice the shafts slowing down that indicates a worn pto pack and will need replacing.

Hey Jon, I was pulling a few hung up trees and some old windblown, nothing more than 20" max and maybe 50ft long. All soft wood. It just seems to give up pulling even when pulling a couple of lengths down a track! Ended up pulling with the tractor!!

HI HIGGS what i would do is go onto IGLAND SITE on there they tell what that winch will pull with 100mt of 11mm at empty drum 1/4 drum 1/2drum and so on it very good to have a look it a eye opener mate on what they do not pull thanks jon :thumbup: