Some photos from this week

Will Hinchliffe

For sake of completeness here is the holm Oak reduction from the cemetery carried out today.

The job spec asked for a 50% reduction on the two left hand limbs (as viewed in the first picture) and a 30% reduction on the rest of the tree. The tree has been reduced in the past and had some good growth inside the crown.

John worked the left hand side of the tree and I worked the right.

I think the Fungi is G. Applanatum. Gave it a thumbing and the crust gave way. There are some really large growth increments on the buttresses suggesting good reaction growth.

The final picture is of some people paragliding above the white horse.

IMG_2223.jpg.3bd7eda92ef044179039720447a2288b.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg.8e4e3ff20ca201047726924ffcf8bd9f.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg.b1d5027bafdda35a3862b3b0d5dc7cfb.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg.0addb8532116346e100dd1ed4b5a5e33.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg.0831c0ddd22674df40d95746fcee1c92.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg.17cc20fc8c1b0461ac5405e8d51ebac8.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg.a2dd22e2bd96549c6f865fe99cf8a8ae.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, good job and never the best places with so many targets and people can get so upset,.

Graveyards not my favorite place..Last time we used a mewp, back wheel went over a grave which collapsed and we needed a plank to stick under it.Found a funny shaped piece of wood at the back of church,it turned out to be the grave diggers template...whoops. He never realised when he was asking us if we had seen it that we had just fed it through chipper to hide our wrong doings..lol. Of course most on here would have held there hands up.

Everything was cut to hand in small pieces to avoid damaging the headstones. Some was thrown outside the crown and some posted inside.

Here is a close up of some of the fruiting bodies, they were coming out of the other side of the tree as well, but they were dessicated and smaller than these. Top left you can see a New fruiting body emerging above a dessicated bracket, the lower two brackets are fresh. The markings on the bark on the right are areas of dead flaky bark.

I have not been made aware of any decay detection that has been done on this tree, I will ask the boss tomorrow.

I would love to see a thermal image of the tree.

As always it was a team effort so I will tell the others that the reduction was well received.

Edited by Will Hinchliffe