The Sidewinder way.

Old Mill Tree Care

I think it might be that the locking ratchet is in a locked location at the same point as your rope runs out and in the normal rope routing the spring has some movement left so a tug will allow it to rewind.

Daid

I'll open it up and try another wrap on the spool.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I'll open it up and try another wrap on the spool...

I don't think that will help. That will give you more spring tension but not change the ratchet/rope orientation which is what is most likely the reason behind it not being able to rewind after pulling out all the rope.

David

I have never pulled mine out all the way, yet. I assumed like a retractable tape its potentially damaging to do so. Thus the marker.:001_rolleyes:

Cheers,

Tony

You should try it and see what happens. :biggrin: I pull mine all the way out ( until it stops ) all the time and it always rewinds. I never would have thought that some wouldn't. :confused1:

David

You should try it and see what happens. :biggrin: I pull mine all the way out ( until it stops ) all the time and it always rewinds. I never would have thought that some wouldn't. :confused1:

David

I'm laughing a bit. I guess I have broken far to many 24' retractable tape measures and was somewhat reluctant to try this expensive one. I'll give it a go sometime.:thumbup1:

Cheers,

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

no bud but i can jet to the end of a branch hold on with my right hand pull to the lenth i need with my left flip it over and either pass my left through or swap and use my right to fasten in, same as you would anyway but the flip line's all the way in first so it's hanging behind me, i know it's not as good but its pretty much the same(visualy) as a sidewinder when in use, i'm sure the sidewinders better of course, just commenting is all.