Any wiggle event cyclists ??

Treegeek

No. Its owned in part by a private equity company and then two two founding members still own the rest.

Probably will get floated on the stock market soon! Revenue close to £100M per year now.

Sure, they have a lot to be thankful to wiggins for but also Hoy/Pendleton etc. cycling is a massive growing thing now.

Have you noticed that Halfords is now a bike and leisure shop now? Car parts are in the corner somewhere!

Edited by Rupe

No, halfords always has been and always will be utter crap!

With the only exception being the boardman full carbon race bikes they do for £999. probably the best specced road bike you can get for that money.

My Ridley was same spec as the boardman really, but its RRP was £1600 but I did get 45% off in the wiggle sale so it made it cheaper than the boardman and I refuse to buy a bike from halfords regardless of its value.

But of course the real Boardman road bikes, as used by the Brownlee Brothers, retail at around £5k and you cant get them from Halfords!

Halfords employ muppets, so they are not going to know much.

Carrera is a halfords own brand POS made in china probably.

Well anything will do, as I said before its not about the bikes its about riding a bike, I personally really dont like halfords because they are not there for bikers they are there for shareholders.

But the Boardman range is good value, just dont get sucked in by there warranties etc.

Tempted to get a cheap (realtive to the £2000 plus bikes that you see often now) carbon bike frame from ebay build a bike from parts :001_smile:

Dolan Mythos Carbon Road Frame Set | eBay

Trouble is my bike mechnic skills to build a bike & match the huge range of components availiable into something decent are lacking :001_rolleyes:

Is there any money saving building your own from components over buying a ready built bike?

Second hand road carbon frame bikes on ebay seem not any much cheaper than new? :confused1: