My PA1

w00dy99

Hey all I have just sent my application form off to do my PA1 for the 4 June 2013 just would like some more advice, because I can't find any books to study on, I would just like to ask, I have been looking at the PA1 ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE are they the test questions? I'm very very nervous on doing the Training and Tests as I don't get on with them, any tips on what I can do to prepare for it?

Has anyone took there PA1 recantly and got given some books? I no it's a Big ask but could I borrow them to study over, soon as I have finished I will send them right back to you ASAP!!???

Any Informaion you give me will be very greatful

Best regards

Tom

Edited by w00dy99

Hey all I have just sent my application form off to do my PA1 for the 4 June 2013 just would like some more advice, because I can't find any books to study on, I would just like to ask, I have been looking at the PA1 ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE are they the test questions? I'm very very nervous on doing the Training and Tests as I don't get on with them, any tips on what I can do to prepare for it?

Has anyone took there PA1 recantly and got given some books? I no it's a Big ask but could I borrow them to study over, soon as I have finished I will send them right back to you ASAP!!???

Any Informaion you give me will be very greatful

Best regards

Tom

are you doing at a college all books supplied and its a day with trainer going through it with a tooth comb. then do a mock exam as such he asks questions and its a open house you give the answers back. then the test is multiple choice. so do not panic mr manaring you will be ok. re multiple choice if you may have trouble with this get hold of them now and ask for a reader are you doing your PA6 aswell as without PA6 not much use pa1 as thats just how to use it not use it. very good course learnt a lot. do not believe half of what you hear its not that hard just have a note book and pen to jot down things.

Pa1 is easy. Jut knowing chemicals. Storage, safety stuff. What you can do with them etc etc etc.

It's a piece of cake but look into the other courses aswell. Knapsack is a must. So is watercourse. Not much use with tractor mounted in arb.

I'm going to be doing this at college, I just want to be preperd for this as I no nothing sabout spraying. So just trying to get as much Informaion as possible.... I just want people's expience who's done this

Best way to IMO. If you know nothing you will learn more. Knowing stuff just brings in bad habits. Everything will be covered on the course. If its not then just ask them. That's what there there for:thumbup:

Hi there it would be good if you did your PA1 and PA6 together as one goes with the other and to actually use the stuff then 1/6 is what you need .

They will give y all the study matrial and take you through it all I think mine was a 3 day course including the assessments ,

I was really worried about the maths but they will give y a sheet that you just fill in the numbers and then it's simple just adding up with a calculator , my assor was really nice and they will give some le way and point y in the right direction

All they really want to see is that you are safe and have read the material and have an understanding with what you dealing with ,

Things they really want to see is proper use of PPE when doing the mixing

And being carfull when you dispose of the left overs this and being able to give the correct dosage it reading the label .

All the best

Good luck littletree:thumbup: