Bush cutter harness

David_chainsaw

If it says its made in Japan then I guess it must be true, but I have only ever seen quality product coming from there, never this cheap stuff, as their costs in Japan are just too high. China on the other hand has the ability to produce really cheaply and have flooded the market.

Must admit I smell a rat! (no pun intended)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd that same ebay seller as thoose cheap strimmers has unbeatable value chiansaws for £399.

58cc Petrol Chainsaw 20" Blade & Case UNBEATABLE VALUE! | eBay

Whos gonna pay that!?

I couldn't work that one out either, as I also bought one of those at the time of buying the strimmers, and it only cost me £90, although I phone the order in rather than go through evil bay, get a good discount on the postage costs

also this trimmer is saying use 25:1 wouldn't that be smokey could i get away with say 30:1 i no this trimmer is a cheap one i do norm use stihl i have stihl hedge trimmer blower and so on but just was not in my budge at this time

My brushcutter states 40:1 and I use 50:1, if the mix is decent it won't matter, but on the original subject, buy the husky balance XT harness if you can, best harness I've ever used, not even stihl come close to it! And my brushcutter is a ryobi 40cc jobie :P as good as any medium stihl or husky, apart from AV, that's terrible

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hiya buddy yh its stihl oil all i use even on my cheap gear i aint even fired her up yet as aint had the need for it yet job i got it in for didnt go a head in the end but i no i will get a job in at some point just i have to rely on a mate at mo as i dont drive so have to split the work with him

Edited by David_chainsaw

I tend to run the motors a little rich in oil to begin with, with any engine (car/bike) were told to run in for xx amount of miles and keep revs low, of course chainsaws/strimmers need to be rev'd up fast when used, so my way of thinking is more oil in the mix, hopefully protects the engine a little??

I tend to run the motors a little rich in oil to begin with, with any engine (car/bike) were told to run in for xx amount of miles and keep revs low, of course chainsaws/strimmers need to be rev'd up fast when used, so my way of thinking is more oil in the mix, hopefully protects the engine a little??

Never really found I need to, was told by some to do that, others say just use the thing, I prefer going straight in at 50:1, and working it hard, I found I got more compression and power that way

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App