Throttle wire 362

Dobson89

My throttle stopped working in my ms 362 while ringing up some ivy covered ash the other day. I think a piece of ivy has dislodged the wire that runs from the throttle into the unit.

Im sure its just a case of relocating the wire or something similar, but I cant see how to access it. Looked like I might need to take the carb off??

Any tech savvy fellows know what to do?

:confused:

Disconnect the throttle rod from the trigger,

Remove the filter base

Pry the throttle rod out of the carburetor carrier.

Pull the throttle rod in the direction of the handle until its bent end is in front of the opening.

Rotate the throttle rod about 90° counterclockwise. Pass the throttle rod through the opening in the direction of the tank housing and remove it

Installing

Line up the throttle rod

Push the throttle rod between the tank housing and air guide shroud and rotate it about 90° at the same time.

Pass the throttle rod through the opening.

Rotate the bent end clockwise and push it under the throttle trigger.

Push the throttle rod into the guide in the carburetor carrier until it snaps into position.

Check operation

As Rich says, but have a good look at the throttle wire. You may find that it is worn a little thin where it passes through the retaining quide on the lower right of the carb mounting bracket.

If it is worn it will not stay in place for long. You may need to replace the wire, part no 1140 182 1500 at a massive RRP of £1.04 plus vat!