Big Shot set up.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan did bring it to the fore, but the system has been around for years.

If you are struggling for height, you could try micro filament & a smaller bag - I have seen it hit insane height

Thanks Pete but I have not done this for height, purely to improve accuracy.

Phase two is here:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/57472-ropearmor-ropeknight-ultimate-throw-weight.html

:laugh1::001_rolleyes:

Whilst using it today it felt very dangerous because when pulling up on the tensioning string, my head was right next to the elastics.

So I've modified it with the help of an ISC Rocker and my technical genius!

😂😜

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367421467.324832.jpg.7749d5a7538c3fd63dab69446e4c2e33.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367421485.320616.jpg.7ca43f5d77ee379becb682cad4da3046.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367421499.706673.jpg.c5c052993d343b9fac66020a49a43695.jpg

Now it's safe because I'm crouched down out the way to pull tension on.

This is the perfect system to complement the RopeKnight because I have never mastered the skills of wizardry to be able to throw by hand.

😳

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

That's really good Tony Knight. Great idea with the Traxion but expensive. Like what you've done with the zip ties too, simplest thing and I hadn't thought of it.

The Archery trigger will allow a much smoother release than the snap you have though and it was cheap.

I'd agree, yet when I built mine I wasn't aware of an archery trigger, the snap was $5 bucks and 10 minutes to file it down, its pretty light making it reasonably smooth. I may replace it with a archery trigger at some stage. The Traxion I got a bargain on. The rope knight compliments the big shot perfectly.:thumbup1:

Regards

TK

• 2 weeks later...

This is what has worked for me for a few yrs.

simple i girth hitched some old webbing to the original finger pull and then added the ball made of tape and knotted webbing. I find the ball can be gripped easily by the hand and allows one to focus more intently on the shot.

Also I wire stitched in a bit of rubber to grip a slippery when wet or icy RK.

I believe the rubber grips and with its maleable and semi-rigid nature is better at propelling the weight than the bit that bit of vinyl

Highly recommend these mods for those who like me are looking for improvements.

Cheers

bs.jpg.2db95e8b0ff43bedc609d1e87bff3586.jpg

Craigblues, you won't stop breathing if you don't have one but your life will be easier with less frustration and time wasted.

That's a fact.

:thumbup1:

Ha! :lol: I will put it on the list of "ToDo's / ToBuy's" but spent way too much this month already on climbing gear so think I will hold off for this month.

So what equipment is needed, what poles are you chaps using?