Husky 42 problems

SiW

You'll like this, not a lot but you'll like it, saw has gone to local dealer, he passed on the information you gave me, they looked at it decided that putting a second hand carb that they happened to have lying around on it and then with a new plug jobs a good un. £90 down and the saw runs exactly the same way as it did when it went in. Am interested to see how they manage to change the seal as you suggested and justify the fee for changing carb

Mmmm, what do we know on here.....when there are experts about:001_rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you have still got issues, we did try to help - keep us informed and will be interesting to see if they put your old carb back now it hasn't cleared the issue.

Think it bears out why I am always so busy - same goes for GK:thumbup:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw is being taken back in morning, so they get another chance, personally would want my old carb back on and refund, then I wouldn't mind paying for the actual fix. Plus they charged £3 + vat for fuel and oil and the saw was nearly full when it went in

I'm in the same boat with my husky 36 - sits on floor and suddenly revs up. Where's the best place to get the seals spud? Is there a rubber manifold behind carb like some saws that could be split and causing the prob?

Also where do you get those crank seal pullers

cheers

Seals - generally I use Greenstripe - if any sponsors can help then please chime in - I just use what I find convenient:thumbup:

Here is the IPL - http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI1991_AAaa/HUSI1991_AAaa_I9100011_.pdf

There is a circular carb boot that can go hard and a smaller impulse rubber insert that often cracks - Garden Kit has a nice photo that he likes to air every now and then.

Go on GK, you know you want to:lol:

The seal pullers - genuine Stihl, got them off ebay for half price - full price is around £100:blushing: oh eck - that,s a lot of wonga.

Plus they charged £3 + vat for fuel and oil and the saw was nearly full when it went in

Dont be too hard on them for that (in principle). The first thing I do is ditch the fuel, you never know what crap is in there.

But, £3.60 buys over 2 litres of fuel. A 36 holds what, about 500ml tops? All very well to cover costs, but that is IMO just asking to wind a customer up.

Unless of course they are using Aspen, as I do, even then its still way over the top.

I do not charge for fuel, even though using Aspen. Its included in my hourly rate.

Seals - generally I use Greenstripe - if any sponsors can help then please chime in - I just use what I find convenient:thumbup:

Here is the IPL - http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI1991_AAaa/HUSI1991_AAaa_I9100011_.pdf

There is a circular carb boot that can go hard and a smaller impulse rubber insert that often cracks - Garden Kit has a nice photo that he likes to air every now and then.

Go on GK, you know you want to:lol:

The seal pullers - genuine Stihl, got them off ebay for half price - full price is around £100:blushing: oh eck - that,s a lot of wonga.

Much appreciated Spud - will have a shufty - cheers