110 tipper

colwoodlandcare

Ok, for my input. Go for as heavy outer springs as you can find for the rear. Then fit air bags, these give the most lift and can be adjusted.

Have you got anti roll bars? If not, get some. Front AND rear. Discovery 1 have them fitted standard, will go straight on and are easy to get hold of. This wont help the ride hight, but the handling difference is immense, especially with a front bar fitted.

Dont bother uprating the front unless you're doing a lift, as the front axle doesnt take hardly any of the load due to the position(over the rear axle) of the body.

Just my ten for you really, take it how you like, but its what I found out the hard way! Mine is a dream now with the above set-up.

P.S, if you decide to go with helper "insert" springs I have a set I can sell you, as I was going to stick them on the bay.:sneaky2:

HI 18 im thinking of a set of air helpers mate there good are they thanks jon :thumbup:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The're ok Jon. Certainly do the job well, only thing is I got the on board pump with mine and with all the extra pipework its ended up with problematic leaks. Obviously you have the ability to pump them up easily, but can be a pain. The basic version is simply the air bags with pipes out to a valve you blow up with a tyre infator. When mine just had this basic set up, it never leaked but I fancied the adjustable version.

Eyup, have you thought about putting a pair of 130 assister Springs inside yours? They''ll not affect the unladen ride much but you'll see a difference with a load on. I think they're about £15 each.

Other than that, are your shocks in good nick? OME or Terra Firma are a vast improvement on standard but your looking at £25 - 50 a side.

Polybushes will firm the ride nicely and aren't that dear or hard to fit even without a press.

Eyup, have you thought about putting a pair of 130 assister Springs inside yours? They''ll not affect the unladen ride much but you'll see a difference with a load on. I think they're about £15 each.

Other than that, are your shocks in good nick? OME or Terra Firma are a vast improvement on standard but your looking at £25 - 50 a side.

Polybushes will firm the ride nicely and aren't that dear or hard to fit even without a press.

HI VICENT MINES terra firma springs mate 500kgs plus one 2ins lift there ok thanks jon :thumbup:

HI VICENT MINES terra firma springs mate 500kgs plus one 2ins lift there ok thanks jon :thumbup:

I was going to go Terra Firma on my disco but sadly she died... Pro-comp also seem good but there seem to be some odd q.c. Issues with their shocks.

Its well worth spending a bit more, particularly on a work truck, mine was a daily driver but I lifted it twice and rebushed it twice 'cos I used brit-part...

When I get turned around I'll be on look out for either a Tithonus or green fleet 110 for my landscaping and.joinery work.

I was going to go Terra Firma on my disco but sadly she died... Pro-comp also seem good but there seem to be some odd q.c. Issues with their shocks.

Its well worth spending a bit more, particularly on a work truck, mine was a daily driver but I lifted it twice and rebushed it twice 'cos I used brit-part...

When I get turned around I'll be on look out for either a Tithonus or green fleet 110 for my landscaping and.joinery work.

HI VINCENT we had pro comp on for 2 years they were ok but the terra are far better im looking in to air lifters now thanks jon :thumbup:

HI VINCENT we had pro comp on for 2 years they were ok but the terra are far better im looking in to air lifters now thanks jon :thumbup:

Eyup, what set up's do you guys normally run compressor-wise?

I'm from a landy background where most folk are more than happy to scrap the OE setups in favour of coils...

Hi,I have almost the same tipper and I have double springs on the rear,I think all landys wallow a bit but mines not that bad to be honest even full of chips ! Nice tipper mate! I think your tow bar needs a bit of lowering.[ATTACH]119099[/ATTACH]

HI MATE mine wallow when i had the pro comp on but terra spring are good but im looking for the air lifters I'm told you run compressor or just use a air line thanks jon :thumbup: