advice on rope

Sawbee

Looking to get my own rope. wanted a little advice on quality over price really see if im on the right track

looking more in the direction of 24 strand ........ New England Tachyon, colour is very vibrant but the price is up there

the climbing is new to me so i don't have my own preference, I've been sitting quietly listening to you all talk zig zag what size rope to use etc... the money isn't my biggest worry its the experience so i don't mind spending a little more giving me the advantage to mix it up and try a few things in the long run

have you been on an courses for cs 38 and aerial rescue.

you may have just started on a 4 wrap prussik which is a great place to start get used to the gear and moving around the canopy, if thata no problem, i use a simple hitch climber set up with a knut it a very simple knot but you can always realy on it.

but if your more intrested in mechanical devices it seems to me that that slightly thinner ropes work best so 11.7mm around that. but 13 still works but just not a affective, everyones different.

yeh gained my 38 with 39 & 40 February. i did indeed with 16 strand 13mm

still looking for work so whilst i have money spare wanted to grab myself some kit and have a play around out the back basically. and when works comes up i will feel alot more comfortable and have the gear to offer along with myself

I am a new climber and after using the normal prussik for a while I upgraded, (by quite a bit), to the Petzl Zig Zag. I use the ZZ with 13mm rope but everyone is saying that 11.7mm is absolutely perfect for it. It is a really simple device to use and I would recommend it it all climbers whether they have a lot of experience or are just starting in the business. It's a thumbs up for the ZZ from me. If you don't want to spend the money on the ZZ straight away then I would invest in a Hitch Climber set up. It is basically a rope and pulley version of the ZZ but at a much lower price. And I believe that it works the same on any diametre of rope. :thumbup1:

yeh gained my 38 with 39 & 40 February. i did indeed with 16 strand 13mm

still looking for work so whilst i have money spare wanted to grab myself some kit and have a play around out the back basically. and when works comes up i will feel alot more comfortable and have the gear to offer along with myself

well we are just about to start off the show season soon go there see the kit in the flesh ask questions or find some rec climbs that are going on near you and tag along.

I am a new climber and after using the normal prussik for a while I upgraded, (by quite a bit), to the Petzl Zig Zag. I use the ZZ with 13mm rope but everyone is saying that 11.7mm is absolutely perfect for it. It is a really simple device to use and I would recommend it it all climbers whether they have a lot of experience or are just starting in the business. It's a thumbs up for the ZZ from me. If you don't want to spend the money on the ZZ straight away then I would invest in a Hitch Climber set up. It is basically a rope and pulley version of the ZZ but at a much lower price. And I believe that it works the same on any diametre of rope. :thumbup1:

Yeh everyone seems to be raving over it so I thought why don't I just learn and build up on my experience from word go with it

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App