Parkrun

Rupe

Thats a very respectable time!! Your obviously fit, or fitter than you thought! ......

I felt fit to drop when I crossed the line. :lol:

Didn't have anything to aim for, so I just ran. I've not done much running before and I've only done one organised event in the past, a 10k.

Must be good after doing Parkrun a few times to have a better idea of the pace you can manage and (hopefully) see a bit of consistency/progress even.

Do you end up hoping for a PB every week tho ???

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I just go and run. The time will reflect how your week has been and how many beers you had the night before. Consistency is more important that speed/time, so if I was ever more than 30secs off my pb I would think something is wrong. Go each week and your average pace will improve and the odd pb here and there doesnt hurt. I ran well on saturday and hit my pb bang on so dont know how I can get any better but I'm sure I will. Then I couldnt run to save my life on sunday ( I did a duathlon) and did my slowest 5km ever, I think I was 25minutes plus!

I've done 8 park runs so far, thats all, since february, so I'm not exactly over doing it but I usually wouldn't go if I had a race or something else on the same weekend. The only reason I went last saturday is because the triathlon I was supposed to be doing had turned into a duathlon (the swim was cancelled due to dirty water) and so I wasnt going to bother going, so I did parkrun instead, but some friends pursuaded me to go and do the duathlon anyway so I went, and suffered!

Edited by Rupe

Think I'll pick and choose the weeks I do it too.

Had pretty leisurely Fri last week for a change, so felt well rested for the run. This Friday I'll be wrestling with the stump grinder all day, so may not be quite as perky!!

You could still go if tired, just don't expect too much of your self. It's still good training to run when tired as long as you don't injure. After a heavy night would not be so good!!

...... as long as you don't injure.

Had a bad time last summer, so I'm super-aware every time I'm running about injuries.

My occasional training runs are done solo. Part of my reason for Parkrunning is so that I can do a faster run while distracted/urged on by other people. Worked well on Sat and I'm a bit sore from the extra effort, but no tweaks. Running with other people gives you a much better workout, due to the competition. I don't fancy joining a running club, so I'm hoping Parkrun can give the training a boost.

Now I'm looking for the equivalent for the bike!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not me, taking it easy for a week after the triathlon last weekend.

I helped out marshalling at a small taster triathlon yesterday and that was tiring enough. Few beers after and will try and get out on bike today.

• 6 months later...

BUMP

Had another go at Parkrun at beginning of Jan in fairly testing conditions. Ice underfoot made it really slippy and nasty.

Better temperature for a run this week, so will have another bash tomorrow.

Anyone else doing Parkrun these days??