Parkrun

Rupe

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod that! ;)

I have been thinking of getting my running shoes on again but since I don't live that close to the Heath I don't really fancy tracking around smoggy roads.

It is more just to help out the fitness along with the other training. Cheers Rupe, I used to use walkjogrun.net but maybe something new is in order.

You'll like it, honestly, its very good, easy going and will get you up and going on a saturday although I'm sure you dont need that.

We have 250-280 people turn up to the cheltenham one now, its going to get out of hand and the council will possibly either ban it or at least ask it go somewhere else.

Each week some park users complain that their enjoyment was ruined by so many runners.

You'll like it, honestly, its very good, easy going and will get you up and going on a saturday although I'm sure you dont need that.

We have 250-280 people turn up to the cheltenham one now, its going to get out of hand and the council will possibly either ban it or at least ask it go somewhere else.

Each week some park users complain that their enjoyment was ruined by so many runners.

Yeah worcester has the same and lots with dogs. They might have to spilt into waves soon.

Well done. That's a huge improvement!! not had my time yet but think it was good.

Just done an hour in the pool as well.

I have to say that the race director gets the results up bloomin quickly.

I got the text from Parkrun at just gone Ten o'clock, which was only 15 mins after the last runner came in.

Don't think I will be running next Saturday due to some Beta Blocker issues I am currently having (why 'drug cheats' actually choose to take 'em is beyond me - I hate them).

I have offered my services as volunteer instead - 'give something back' and all that......

Keep on runnin'

:001_smile:

I've done 13 parkruns so far (Netley Abbey parkrun if anyone cares... We normally have about 120 people, and Ewan Thomas often turns up, my ultimate goal is to baet him one day!). I've been a bit slack of late and I'll be missing tomorrow.

My PB at the moment is 20:16, but I normally come in at about 21:30. Like everyone else it really depends on what my Friday nights are like, but as I'm geting older Fridays are getting a lot tamer. In fact, I now often prefer to stay in on a Friday night so I'm ready to attack that PB on saturday morning!

I've also been made aware of something called 'Longest Parkrun' which is explained below....

"For the last couple of years, parkrun has organised an event called 'Longest parkrun' which happens on the first Sunday after the longest day of the year (23rd June) and gives runners the opportunity to visit 6 parkrun venues in one day and complete as many as they want to without being timed and with minimal volunteers, etc. It's really a series of social runs where groups of parkrunners run the course.

In the UK, there will be several parkrun loops (as detailed at

Longest parkrun 2013 | Crispy Corner) and I'd like to create a loop that includes runs at:

* Fleming Park, Eastleigh

* River Park, Winchester

* Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Horndean/Petersfield

* Staunton Country Park, Havant

* Royal Victoria Country Park, Netley Abbey

* Southampton Common, Southampton

The starts of each run are staggered by 90 minutes to give runners about 45 minutes to complete the 5k course and 45 minutes to get between events. Runners can participate in as many or few of the runs as they like."

If it goes ahead then me and a pal are going to give it a go. Does anyone else know about this?