Trampoline assisted drop zone!?

zxrjim

Had to remove some heavy limbs over a dog poo infested garden :(

There was a small paved area that was clear of poo, so managed to tip lower the tips into that area....happy groundsman...

So how the hell am I going to remove the heavy logs as I didn't want to have to snatch the whole limb??...gggggrrrr. :/

There was a 12 ft trampoline with high sides nearby, but about 20ft below..

The owner came out and sai I could throw the logs on that as he was getting rid of it anyway... (Result!)

Honestly this is the funniest thing you have ever seen with all logs bouncing about 10ft or so high. Lol

I reckon it would be a viable way to load a transit :D

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Had to remove some heavy limbs over a dog poo infested garden :(

There was a small paved area that was clear of poo, so managed to tip lower the tips into that area....happy groundsman...

So how the hell am I going to remove the heavy logs as I didn't want to have to snatch the whole limb??...gggggrrrr. :/

There was a 12 ft trampoline with high sides nearby, but about 20ft below..

The owner came out and sai I could throw the logs on that as he was getting rid of it anyway... (Result!)

Honestly this is the funniest thing you have ever seen with all logs bouncing about 10ft or so high. Lol

I can believe it was hilarious:lol: So where's the video :confused1:

Lol, I know!! Been looking at helmet cams for this very thing. :)

What you've got another sacrificial trampoline lined up already?! :001_huh::lol:

Had a similar missed opportunity some years ago.

We had a medium sized Sycamore takedown at a former squat in London that had been boarded up prior to redevelopment. No side access so everything had to be taken out through the house.

The climber had stripped the brush and when it came to taking the timber down he wanted to avoid breaking any of the several manhole covers in the garden hidden in the overgrown lawn.

So he asked us to find something we could put in the safe area as a target?

A quick glance round the garden revealed the already disconnected toilet basin, which we placed in the middle of dropzone...... one gobcut later and a 5ft lump of Sycamore was somersaulting it's way to smashing armitage shanks finest to smithereens as we dived for cover in the doorway:lol:

The game was to then find more targets from around the house and garden for the next three bits to be felled out.:thumbup:

I tried using one to cushion a poplar top. Took the top out into the wind thinking I'd miss the trampoline by a mile. The top promptly swung through 90 degrees and went straight through the trampoline. Best bit was the child whos trampoline it was was watching then jumped on the remains of the trampoline and helped tidy up.