COST OF ROPEKNIGHT? What the?

RopeKnight

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

google ropeknight!:lol:

Bahaha made my day! And no I wouldn't buy one for over £50. Perhaps if your finding that we don't want to spend the money then make them cheaper, don't invest so much in making them pretty. I use throw lines everyday but, as a freelance climber, don't think it costs my clients much time and money to install my lines. Sometimes it can be a pig and lines get stuck but hey, if it were all easy then any mug could do it..... Oh wait! They already are!

Sent using my pudgy fingers on my phone.

Quite difficult for me to quantify as unlike Thomas I have not broken it down to man hours etc!

As per my previous post I think you could have just the rope knight on its own with maybe the red cover and a bag. Everything else could then be an optional extra helping to reduce cost.

It does save me time and frustration!😄

Is it worth it? Anything that makes my life easier and less stressful has to be a good thing! 👍

Is it better? It certainly has its advantages which soon outweigh the negatives. The major one being cost and getting used to using a solid object.

I can not give you one overriding reason why you should have one as that's a personnel decision that only you can answer. Like I said before I like it and so do my mates. They particularly like my stress free setting of climbing lines!👍🙈🙉🙊

Thanks Paul. Good reply.

I can particularly relate to your fourth point: Is it worth it? Anything that makes my life easier and less stressful has to be a good thing! 👍

It will get stuck, probably more than a conventional throw bag. It still has a ring to catch. The rope knight overcomes this by having a gentle sloping angle from line entry to main body.

Having used throw bags and rope knight I no which one I choose. My friends also sceptical now ask to use mine when installing lines.:thumbup:

Hi Paul

Bit of an unfair comment seeing as you haven't used a Throwpod, please take a moment to watch the video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poeG9JV0asE]New from Sawpod The Throwpod - YouTube[/ame]

As you can see in the photo from the previous post you'll notice that the ring is an oval shape which keeps it streamlined with the main body of the Throwpod and so helps it pass through forks easily.

also with a conventional Throwbag you have two pivot points, one being the point where you tie the line to and the other where the ring is sewn into the bag, where as the Throwpod's eye is fixed making it a solid unit, where a bag is essentially articulated by the two points which can cause problems.

We don't claim that the Throwpod will never get stuck or that it is the be all and end all, as we believe that throwing ,as a discipline, is more down to the users skill than any other factor, how ever the Throwpod is another option to add to ones arsenal, there will be opportunity's to try it out at various trade shows in the UK through out the year, so please come and say hello.