Stihl Press Release - Timbersports weekend

Steve Bullman

PRESS RELEASE [xfloat=right]http://www.arbtalk.co.uk/images/stihlrelease.jpg[/xfloat]

[xfloat=right]http://www.arbtalk.co.uk/images/stihl_timbersports.jpg[/xfloat]

DO YOU WANT TO TRY YOUR HAND AT STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS®?

STIHL invites newcomers to test their skills with an axe and chainsaw: 16 + 17 March 2013

If you fancy testing your skills with an axe and chain saw, and want to get involved in the major league of lumberjack sports, STIHL is holding a weekend of ‘Newcomers’ Open Days to encourage potential competitors into STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS®.

The first British Championship of STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® took place last year, with

12 of the country’s top lumberjack sportsmen competing for honours and a place on the British Team. Keen to attract even more athletes into the sport, STIHL also commenced a programme of training and development, and more than a dozen of last year’s best newcomers will continue to hone their skills with our professional trainers this year.

Now STIHL is inviting more newcomers to try their hand at STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® with first-timers ‘taster’ sessions running in March this year.

The ‘Newcomers’ days are on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th March 2013 at Walford College, Shrewsbury. Potential TIMBERSPORTS® athletes are invited to attend just one of either day, when they will initially be tested to assess their competency to pursue TIMBERSPORTS®, and will then go on to receive some basic training in specific disciplines. STIHL is keen to encourage beginners into the sport, so no experience is needed, but basic chain saw certification is a requirement.

Expert STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® trainers will attend the Open Days and will evaluate participants, with those considered suitable and wishing to progress invited to join ongoing training including a second development camp in July this year.

An Official Trainer for STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® and current GB Team Captain, Spike Milton says : “I really look forward to bringing more athletes into our sport and encourage anyone interested to come and try out. We found some seriously strong future athletes at our first Newcomers camp last year, and a number of them came on to join us on stage as we warmed up for our first British Championship event. I hope we’ll spot some equally exciting new talent at this year’s Newcomers camp.”

The STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® Newcomers Days take place on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th March 2013. Venue: Walford College, Shrewsbury. Those wishing to attend either day must complete and send in an entry form available from STIHL GB (Tel. 01276 417612/e-mail: [email protected]). Closing date for applications : Monday 11 March. Places on the Open Days are limited and no entries will be permitted on the day.

For further information and to request an Application Form, visit: www.stihl.co.uk/timbersports-news

I am going on the sunday, is anyone else from here going? i'm very excited, ii is something i have always wanted to get involved in. thanks for posting steve, if you hadn't i would of missed it, i will remember you when i'm world champion:thumbup: