Temporary road mats / ground protection

rubikviz

I am looking for some form of robust ground protection that will handle the upto the weight of a loaded 8 wheeler grab lorry (ideally!) that needs to cross part of a cricket pitch / grounds with out leaving a mess!!

Has anyone had experience of the plastic ground mats? The distance is up to 180m from road side so I don't think I could get hold of enough old conveyor belts as used by another arbtalker!

The plastic version looked tempting over the metal mats mainly due to weight and ease of installation without heavy equipment. Also I hope that plastic is less desirable to our "recycling" friends:001_tt2:

Has anyone had experience of the plastic matting -good or bad? Also can anyone recommend a supplier? I am toying with idea of buying rather than hiring in as it may prove useful for future awkward jobs - if the price is right.

Thanks for any feedback.

I am looking for some form of robust ground protection that will handle the upto the weight of a loaded 8 wheeler grab lorry (ideally!) that needs to cross part of a cricket pitch / grounds with out leaving a mess!!

Has anyone had experience of the plastic ground mats? The distance is up to 180m from road side so I don't think I could get hold of enough old conveyor belts as used by another arbtalker!

The plastic version looked tempting over the metal mats mainly due to weight and ease of installation without heavy equipment. Also I hope that plastic is less desirable to our "recycling" friends:001_tt2:

Has anyone had experience of the plastic matting -good or bad? Also can anyone recommend a supplier? I am toying with idea of buying rather than hiring in as it may prove useful for future awkward jobs - if the price is right.

HI MATE heres one for you ground trax there £140 per matt :001_huh:jon

Thanks for any feedback.

HI MATE heres one for you ground trax there £140 per matt :001_huh:jon

Try and find companies that run events, marquees etc!

They won't be using it just now.

18 wheeler is a big old unit though, as you say, if you could buy some then you could find some niche jobs.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

HI STEPHEN what about quarry belt matt mate any good very tuff stuff mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Cheers chaps for the input. £140 per mat over 180m...:w00t: might have to start a show us your chinook / heli lift thread instead at the rate this lot is going to cost!! Better not call the thread it show us your chopper!:vroam::lol: or I 'll be in bother with the mods!! Just hope by the time I got this sorted its a drought again and the ground is like concrete!!

Cheers chaps for the input. £140 per mat over 180m...:w00t: might have to start a show us your chinook / heli lift thread instead at the rate this lot is going to cost!! Better not call the thread it show us your chopper!:vroam::lol: or I 'll be in bother with the mods!! Just hope by the time I got this sorted its a drought again and the ground is like concrete!!

HI MATE what about quarry belt matts good stuff jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon I have to confess that I am not that familiar with quarry belts in great detail and would be concerned that whilst they may work for lighter stuff a 8 wheeler grab (prefered weapon on this job) would be too heavy for it given the saturated state of the ground. I could be wide of the mark on this though and would like someone to correct me if I am wrong.

Any quarrying / farming types browsing the forum with loadsa cheap used wide belts to get rid of?!! Don't ask dont get!

There are some fields near here - Caterham - where compost is being dumped by the bulk tipper load; the trucks are driving on steel mats. Do you want me to try and grab someone to talk to re pricing of it? No promises but I can ask.

Jon

Or while I was working up in st Anne's last year for the British open they were using some allie mats! Massive arctic lorries driving over them all day everyday for months! The product was called TRACKWAY just type in google loads of companies supply this!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App