Hitachi nr90gc2 review.

muttley9050

As promised here is a review of my new gas nailer. Paid £250 delivered for it and consider it a bargain. So far have completed 20m of closeboard fencing and two days timber framing.

All nails have been quickload ringed galvanised.

The nailer so far hasn't missed a beat. The battery lasted throughout fencing job, second battery in now and still going strong.

Can't fault any operation of nailer, except that twice on 51mm nails it fired two nails, this coincided with the start of new strip if nails, so could be nail issue. My only other minor niggle is that the batteries are slightly harder to remove from tool than I'd expect, although they May loosen with time.

Case is strong, easy to fit everything into, and a little extra space. Manual and cleaning schedule are clear and concise. All cleaning equipment included.

Depth guage easy to change, with Alan key that slots into body if tool.

All in all I would give this tool 9 out of 10. 9 only because there's always room for improvement.

Hope this helps. Will update when I've given it more of a hammering.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Stop press, problem with my nailer yesterday, kept firing but no nail coming out, actually nailing about 1 in 3. Contacted company and with a little convincing are sending new one out Monday. Maybe a bad omen, maybe a manufacturing fault, maybe user error, but only fired 1000ish nails so can't see that. Will try one more and if the same will be a dewalt for me. Will keep you all informed.

No tried all sorts, new clips different length, guages, long clip short clip. Full clean, service. Still same, missing loads of nails. More than it fires. Was working good to this point. Sure there is a small malfunction with it. Hopefully second one will be faultless. Thanks for feedback on yours, would you buy another?

clean the mag out daily,service once a week depending on how much its done over the course of the week, i run any nails that are on offer, hitachi,paslode and recently firma hold from screw fix, good nails and gas no problems with either