Man and chipper day rate

Coletti

Hey guys, got my self a little jo beau m500 and am trying to work out a day rate, was thinking £200 if chip is left on site and this will be based on an 8hr day, does this sound reasonable? I don't want to over charge but at the same time I don't want to be loosing out

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, got my self a little jo beau m500 and am trying to work out a day rate, was thinking £200 if chip is left on site and this will be based on an 8hr day, does this sound reasonable? I don't want to over charge but at the same time I don't want to be loosing out

with this chipper your limiting yourself to small garden type contractor hire, as any serious tree firm will be looking at a small tow type chipper as a minimum.

I realise that and it's not just to do days for others it's for my business as well, just wondering what's a fair price to say as and when I some get work for it, I've had one job already from a local fencing contractor and there may be more of the same to come

don't sell yourself short.

I have no idea how big a jo beau is etc.

chipper and 2xmen go out at day rate for us, either way if we take chip or client retains it we are in budget as we sell chip on etc.

tried chipper and 1x man and its un productive IMO as joe blogs never stacks brash neatly for chipper feeding etc , always better with 2x men one to drag and one to feed IMO £390.00 for chip truck, chipper, 2men

Well...

With my old CS100 I figured 240-300 euros for chipping depending on how much material there was.

Sometimes I was hired to climb AND supply the wee chipper whilst the property owner fed the thing after a little instruction.

For that I got 300-350 euros.

That's blades changed every 25 hours and 3 litres of fuel per hour, quickly mounts up!

Having said that, I recently sold the wee chipper for £600 less than I paid for it after 230 hours use so not bad really eh? Good investment, keep it clean!

Regards

Ty

p.s

All arisings left on site.

Our local hire shop hires out a professional Timberwolf towable chipper for around £180 per day. You have to collect, return and provide fuel so you price is way too cheap if you're going to turn up at site with your own chipper provide labour, fuel for machine as well as travel costs plus wear & tear on your machine and that can run into hundreds per year - you should be looking at £300-350 minimum.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yes Andy, positive.:thumbup1:

I fitted a tacho from new and also dropped the revs or stopped between chipping. 3 litres of petrol was the average use for the 18hp Vanguard twin.

The stump grinder 27hp petrol is around 4.2 litres per hour...the git!

I cannot account for your Jo Beau but with a consumation like that, between you, you could save the world from Global warming if every-one used your wee chipper!:laugh1:

hhhh! Ty

I'm not a Troll but I am a cheeky git...