calling all landy owners

Stuartsharp

A quick call for help really, if anybody else has had similar prob.

Battery on 3 series 130 died at the weekend, and when i replaced it with one from another truck...and subsiquently with a brand new battery, the alarm and imoboliser keep kicking in. i am able to preheat the engine but am unable to turn the engine over, i assume due to some security function? The strange thing is that i have had the battery in and out of this truck countless times before and never had a problem. i am guessing it may be due to the old battery being completly flat. The alarm is a meta systems model, and i don't have a keypad or anything like that to turn the immoboliser off, have never had this sort of thing in the two years i have been driving it.

Has anybody else had come across this, and how did you fix it?

I had a similar thing with my TD5 130 when doing the tipper conversion (battery on and off a few times). Mine has got a key fob for the alarm but this did not seem to do anything. Had to turn the key on and off about 5 times (all the way to running but not turning the starter) then it fired when I tried it.

It flashed the engine management light when I tried to fire it when it was immobilised but this could be TD5 only.

It's a fault with the alarm

i think you may be right there, i think the alarm has a capacitor in it because i had the battery out of the other truck, all day today, and when reinstalling the battery this evening, there were no problems. i wonder if because the problem battery was totally flat over the weekend, it may have drained the capacitors in the alarm, i am hoping that come the morning they may have charged up!.....possibly wishful thinking! but yer i shall have a dig about for alarm manual. ta

if memory is correct

there is a sequince on the drivers door to reset the alarm , well this is from a discovery, i thinkit was 3 locks then 3 unlocks. not to sure on correct sequince but something like that.

try find someone with a owners manual it will tell you in there.

my old disco alarm used to go off if you didn`t remove battery terminal within 20 seconds of turning ignition off, maybe try this dunno