Pa1-pa6

w00dy99

You dont need any, some basic maths skills would help.

If your a total non maths type person then you might struggle but you dont actually need anything to qualify for the course, you might fail it though without some maths skills.

You dont need any, some basic maths skills would help.

If your a total non maths type person then you might struggle but you dont actually need anything to qualify for the course, you might fail it though without some maths skills.

Unlikely Rupe, I believe the maths required is pretty basic now. First time I did the course we had to work out the quantity to work on an irregular area. The second time I did it, I think they must have dropped that due to too many people failing and we had a nice symetrical square to spray :biggrin:

Oh, ok, sounds about right!! Make the course easier so more people pass (sorry pay for) it.!!!

When I did it there was a fair amount of maths, but I'm a maths nerd so it wasnt a problem. I would think that someone without basic maths would struggle but if its been made easier then maybe thats not the case.

Once you've done the course, you just put SOME chemical in your sprayer and start spaying, and if you run out put SOME more in, and if you have too much go over the same area again! No maths ever! Two days for that, genius!!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember doing PA1 at college good few year ago now, we spent weeks reading and trying to memorise rules and regs, went for the test, first question.....do you want a smoke? followed by don't worry lad its not a trick question :laugh1:all I was asked was when don't you spray i.e too hot, too windy or when its raining, then it was put on overall, face shield and gloves measure 200ml of coloured water in that jug, put it in the knapsack sprayer without spilling it, thanks you've passed :thumbup:

Just did mine this week. Had an anal guy training me - forcing 'the book' down my throat for a couple days, then actually learnt something test day. Had one of those kind, gentlemanly old fellas, the kinda piano assessor type? Anyway, knew a helluva lot about spraying, showed me the latest and greatest Monsanto pellet for stump treatment and just lectured answers on all my forestry questions. Brilliant. His exact words were "Oh, we're late - well we'll just pay lip service to the risk assessment". :001_tt2: Nice :)