Contract of employment

cheesmanator

Evening guys, happy Friday to all.

Was wondering if anyone knew of where i could find / had a template copy of a contract of employment that is industry related?

My firm won't sort one out after a three times of asking in a year and I've been having more and more frustrations popping up at work.

Mainly being working hours. The fact somedays we work till 5 or 6 and get no overtime or any back hander for it. All due to jobs being priced to keenly. All help is greatly appreciated.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

In the absense of an actual contract you are covered by employment law, so in effect you dont really need a contract. If you have a contract that says you will get overtime that still doesnt mean you'll get it if the boss doesnt want to pay it. And if you get sacked for no reason then you will have to take him to small claims with or wothout a contract, you should win but you still have to take it to court i.e. having a contract that states you cant get sacked for no reason wont actually stop you from getting sacked for no reason, if thats what your boss is like.

So you dont need an industry related contract, they are all the same, except in our industry there is no paid lunchbreaks, but theres no point in picking over an hour here or there, my advice would be to work harder and get the jobs done on time. It will make you a better treeworker for the future. No one actually has enough time on jobs, if they did they wouldnt have won the job in the first place.

I think its time for you to just move on to be honest...this and your other thread clearly indicate you are far from happy. I've been there....sooner you leave the happier you will be. Start your own gig then you can run things how you want them run :)

I know your right, but you know when you (for some reason) just keeping thinking things will get better? I don't know if its blind optimism or me not having enough confidence to pipe up and say something. Because there's that thought in the back of your mind that if you say something to rock the boat, that you'll get a response such as "there are ten other climbers waiting to fill ur spot". But there aren't ten other Luke's out there, not blowing my own trumpet but I know what what I'm worth and atm I'm not feeling it. Also Steve, I'm not currently in a financial position to start up, I wish I could as I have contacts lined up ready to go, but I can't use the work chipper or tools on a weekend to do them and the hire cost just makes it costly in the long run.

@ rupe, I'm guessing ur a manager or owner by ur response. And how can you say work harder/quicker when your not on site with us? Seems abit silly mate. I know I graft so please don't ASSume I need to be working harder, as I'm not pricing jobs up.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I know your right, but you know when you (for some reason) just keeping thinking things will get better? I don't know if its blind optimism or me not having enough confidence to pipe up and say something. Because there's that thought in the back of your mind that if you say something to rock the boat, that you'll get a response such as "there are ten other climbers waiting to fill ur spot". But there aren't ten other Luke's out there, not blowing my own trumpet but I know what what I'm worth and atm I'm not feeling it. Also Steve, I'm not currently in a financial position to start up, I wish I could as I have contacts lined up ready to go, but I can't use the work chipper or tools on a weekend to do them and the hire cost just makes it costly in the long run.

Sounds like you just need a push mate. Theres never a good time to go self employed, and sometimes we just need that push. I expect your employer is busy finding work and in the current climate is no doubt stressing over just constantly getting enough jobs in to keep the guys out working. Kicking up a fuss over hours worked etc is only going to result in leaving a bad feeling in the work place...I expect the push you need to get self employed may well be taken out of your hands before long, which isnt necessarily a bad thing :001_smile: