Simon's 'looking for some help' thread - around Tenbury Wells usually

WorcsWuss

Now and again I do something for someone who can't help me out for whatever reason, so occasionally I could do with a hand.

Usually this will just be groundie work, brash dragging, burning, running the rigging and so on.

Occasionally it may be a job where someone can come and practice their climbing or aerial work.

Rather than posting a new thread every time I need someone I thought I'd have one thread and keep it updated.

I'm not looking to hire someone in from here, those occasions WILL have their own thread. This is just for keen lads [or lasses, always open to that :biggrin:], new entrants etc who want to get a bit of experience under their belts, to come and join in.

It will usually be on a weekend.

I live near Tenbury Wells and so most of my stuff is around there, but my wife's family is in Coventry so occasionally something might come up there for one of them.

If you're local I can probably pick you up.

I have saws, climbing & rigging gear, helmets, gloves but you'll need your own boots & trousers - and harness if you're climbing.

I think that's about all the t's & c's...!

First entry!

SATURDAY 23rd FEBRUARY 2013

Anyone want to come help me tomorrow? :001_smile:

A few fruit trees to prune & some garden trees to crown lift / reduce for a friend of mine.

Nothing desperately exciting, probably a lot of Silky work as well as saw work.

Starting just before 10 in the morning, job is between Tenbury & Ludlow.

Let me know if you would like to come....

This is a really good idea. Simon, do you mind if I thread hijack slightly? Might be better to have one thread that folk keen for experience can keep checking back to. I'd like to offer some experience of a different kind (felling, machine operating etc) to someone local to me.

This is a really good idea. Simon, do you mind if I thread hijack slightly? Might be better to have one thread that folk keen for experience can keep checking back to. I'd like to offer some experience of a different kind (felling, machine operating etc) to someone local to me.

where are you doobin as i am always willing to learn (transport is a problem for me at moment so more than a day is good if i can get accommodation thanks mike

where are you doobin as i am always willing to learn (transport is a problem for me at moment so more than a day is good if i can get accommodation thanks mike

Sorry Mike but am a bit far away in sunny Sussex. Last year would have been cool but since moving in with my woman I no longer have a bachelor pad or a spare room :thumbdown::lol:

I don't mind at all, but I reckon that kind of offer warrants a thread all of it's own! :biggrin: What sort of machinery and where are you? I'd love to have a go with some proper forestry gear :biggrin:

The only problem I can see with one thread for the whole country is that it might take a bit of keeping up with... :001_huh: Widening them out to a region might work though.... :thumbup1:

Its a good idea mate, and very thoughtful of you but...do you have the correct insurances to effectively employ someone?

Not meant in any way as a dig at you, but I'm aware this isn't your only type of work

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Nope, you're right Dan, and I do have to be careful to make sure I don't end up employing anyone in the eyes of the law.... :001_smile:

If I happened to buy anyone who helped out a pint at the end of the day it would of course be in no way related to the activities of the day.... :001_tongue:

Edited by WorcsWuss