Simon's 'looking for some help' thread - around Tenbury Wells usually

WorcsWuss

Nope, you're right Dan, and I do have to be careful to make sure I don't end up employing anyone in the eyes of the law.... :001_smile:

If I happened to buy anyone who helped out a pint at the end of the day it would of course be in no way related to the activities of the day.... :001_tongue:

Nice one :thumbup:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well today went well!

Reduced 30 odd metres of overgrown mature laurel hedge and made a decent hole in deadwooding and shaping some very old apple trees.

Jack who helped out was a star, I've left a reference on his profile page, reproduced here for anyone interested.... http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/members/caveman27.html

Although still young Jack is no cocky overconfident know it all.

He is a very quiet and unassuming young man with a ready smile and a nice attitude.

Jack was very pleasant to have on site, nothing was too much trouble and he was quick to pick up a branch rather than his saw when were all pitching in clearing up. He's obviously not afraid of hard work.

He was absolutely punctual, turned out with all his own PPE and a decent new saw, everything in good condition.

Jack's saw handling was safe and precise, engaging the chain brake when repositioning himself at the end of each cut, something I like to see.

I was quite comfortable letting Jack carry out small fells himself in a tight garden.

I look forward to working with Jack again and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a decent, hard working groundie.

Got a few oaks to crown lift in the morning for the old man while he's ploughing up behind home. Think I should be ok on my lonesome on those though.... :thumbup1:

SATURDAY 2nd MARCH

Re-pollard of some pretty knackered farm sallies.

Many have split or are starting to split at the union between new and old growth.

Not very big, easy access and ginormous drop zone, albeit quite wet in places....

Climb, cut, cord, burn the brash. Manitou will be on hand to make things a bit easier.

Same as before, if you want to come and have a go you're very welcome, just get in touch and I'll give you all the details.