Loler testing

landrover 101

Anyone do there own testing or do you have someone else do it

I always check my kit over very keenly but was just doing a bit of googling and found an online loler course by inspired training

Anyone done it or used them seems very cheap at less than £20 but I guess would prove competence in inspecting own kit if passed

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Is that an ARB loler course?

Dont forget that LOLER is not an arb thing, there is loler for cranes/forklifts/lifts(elevators) and anything else you can think of.

A loler inpsection course for one thing wont cover the others.

Does that also mean if I take my kit into somewhere local for testing and they pass it that if the guy inspecting it is not specifically qualified in inspecting arb gear that it is pointless getting it done by them as the yes it has passed inspection wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on if hse looked at it in detail

Does that also mean if I take my kit into somewhere local for testing and they pass it that if the guy inspecting it is not specifically qualified in inspecting arb gear that it is pointless getting it done by them as the yes it has passed inspection wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on if hse looked at it in detail

The person conducting the inspection should understand the kit and its use

If he isnt specifically qualified for arb gear then hes not going to know what hes looking at!!! He wont pass it, he will just be confused!

If your "somewhere local" is for fork lifts then they wont do a loler check on climbing gear.

And vice versa! I'm qualified to do loler for arb but show me a crane and I wouldnt have a clue what I'm looking at!

Of course you "local" guy might do fall arrest stuff for, lets say, scaffolding. But again he wont know what it is he is looking at. One of the criteria for the ARB loler course is good knowledge of all the gear. So if someone came to me with a pair of kong ascenders, a petzl croll, a ropeguide etc. I know exactly what they all are, I also know every make and type of arb rope (or can look them up easily) etc etc.