Opinions on HP 1x37 please gents

farmer_ben

I have a 1X37 standard version purchased as ex-demo in 2010. It is a good machine. It can be piped for a log rack etc...

There is the more expensive Easy version with extra hydraulic controls for cutting and adjusting the splitter blade height.

I was recently re-evaluating upgrading to something like a Palax 100s but I figure the extra investment would not increase productivity except for solving cutting the last log problem.

I have adjusted the splitting ram to travel approximately 1/3rd of the way to the splitting blade, so the first log gets split after the third log drops into the splitting chamber. Most blockages are cleared with a log pick without opening the spliiting chamber cover by accessing the chamber from behind the splitter wedge.

I also have a 2011 Bilke S3 for handling the smaller diameter stuff but the 1x37 does most of the work!

Perfectly straight stuff or will it take the odd bit of twisted stuff? whats it like splitting 14" 4 and 6 ways?

I put all sorts of stuff through it, mainly straight stuff but I put bendy stuff through but usually cut it a bit to fit. It splits 4 and 6 way ok unless it's knotty stuff and it can get stuck but I just put it through the other way. You need to demo one mate. For the money they ate spot on. I had a jappa 700 before the 1x37 but it was 15 years old and worn. I bought the 1x37 new and I look after it, keep the belts tight, grease it up and its great.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

I have a 1X37 standard version purchased as ex-demo in 2010. It is a good machine. It can be piped for a log rack etc...

There is the more expensive Easy version with extra hydraulic controls for cutting and adjusting the splitter blade height.

I was recently re-evaluating upgrading to something like a Palax 100s but I figure the extra investment would not increase productivity except for solving cutting the last log problem.

I have adjusted the splitting ram to travel approximately 1/3rd of the way to the splitting blade, so the first log gets split after the third log drops into the splitting chamber. Most blockages are cleared with a log pick without opening the spliiting chamber cover by accessing the chamber from behind the splitter wedge.

I also have a 2011 Bilke S3 for handling the smaller diameter stuff but the 1x37 does most of the work!

thank you very much for your reply :)

I put all sorts of stuff through it, mainly straight stuff but I put bendy stuff through but usually cut it a bit to fit. It splits 4 and 6 way ok unless it's knotty stuff and it can get stuck but I just put it through the other way. You need to demo one mate. For the money they ate spot on. I had a jappa 700 before the 1x37 but it was 15 years old and worn. I bought the 1x37 new and I look after it, keep the belts tight, grease it up and its great.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Cheers Hodge, I appreciate your input