Wanted. S/H Climbing harness for rec. climber

holdatcharlie

Hi. Anyone got a good, used climbing harness gathering dust in the garage, shed or back of the truck?

I've been rec. climbing for about two years and working on the trees in my garden. I got a well-used Petzl Navaho harness off ebay as a starter but its not really designed for climbing trees. It doesn't have a separate top belt so when I get a few bits on the harness it tends to want to pull over my hips.

So, I'm looking for a good quality, used, 'proper' harness. I don't mind if its a bit scruffy so long as its safe! As a rec. climber I'm not going to be using it every day and all day and obviously can't get the VAT back on a new one or offset the cost against tax.

I'm 12 stone with a 33" (jeans) waist. If anyone has anything suitable and doesn't want to get stung for ebay/paypal fees drop me a pm with details and pics if poss. :001_smile:

Thanks for your advice guys. But I would have thought that here would be the one place you could get safe gear from a responsible seller.

Adam - climbing equipment shops are a bit thin on the ground here in North Lincs! Where do you go to try gear?

Shows mainly but if they have it in then landmark trading but there a little more expensive than some of the guys on here mate