Tipis tents anybody ?

Pat Ferrett

Hello mate

I've been after a tipi tent for ages but been put off by the price.

We recently bought one of these:

Bergans Lavvo S - 4/6 Person Tipi Tent, Tents

and one of these:

Portable Log & Wood Burner - Frontier Stove

Only camped in it over xmas to give it a try and unfortunately didn't get a chance to use the stove but for the money we were both really impressed.

Light enough to carry on the bike but big enough to stand up in - For kids as well I'd say go for the 6-8 person to give extra space around the wood burner.

I need to play with sorting the chimney flue but from searching on line it should be pretty easy

HTH

These tents look good, but personally much prefer canvas tents, although they are heavier, I would feel much happier fitting a stove to a canvas tent too. Let me know if you get stuck fitting your stove and i'll post the link to the piece of kit you need.

James

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought id post this link as plenty of interest in fitting stoves in tents, Cheaper flue flashings are available, but this guys are really good quality and simple to fit. Come well recommended from me, scroll to bottom for his canvas flashings

Flue Flashings | Windy Smithy

ive never used his bell tent flashing but his yurt flashing can be used on any canvas tent roof.

James