Bandit HB20 comments please??

Shane

Ladies and Gents -

My Rayco 13HP grinder has been very good over the years, getting into places even the predators wouldn't go.

Now, the time has come - I need a new stumpy!!!!

My requirements are (based on need not marketed function/gizmos) -

Narrow enough to fit through gates - AND get round tight corners.

(Not ALL gates are 35 inches wide with straight access to garden)

Decent sized engine (currently using 13hp) want 20hp +

Less that 5 figures new (don't do enough to justify too much capital)

Fit into an 8ft long storage thing.

Ideally fit into a Peugeot Expert (wheelchair user) van

Ideally less knackering to use than my rayco 13hp bicep developer

NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY

Hydraulic control

Power-drive wheels

Remote control

Tracks (for less than 10k ho ho ho)

Having researched the market it looks like the Bandit HB20 fits the bill.

27HP - narrow - swivel facility looks pretty good

Can anyone please tell me honestly what they are like to use/own?

:001_smile:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried the Bandit and it is a good grinder, its heavy but being able to pivot without moving the wheels is a great advantage. I have the Predator 450 with the multitip head and can fault it, it should tick all the box's you need, its 25hp, cheap enough, fits 99% of places and thin enough for every gate i have found.

Give them both a go, Dean at Global will sort you out a demo on the bandit then you can make your own mind up.

Hi Shane,

Have you considered the Carlton range?

There is the Carlton SP2010, which is fitted with the razor cut head and 30hp Kohler engine. This combination packs a punch, and still meets size restrictions you have (29" wide etc). We also have a nice offer on, which may interest you....

Alternatively we have a 4 wheeled Carlton SP4012 which is under the £10k mark, and will make stump grinding an all round more enjoyable experience :-D

We have a a depot in Burgess Hill, BN7, which I'm guessing is on your doorstep, and would be more than happy to arrange a demo.

If you are interested please call me on 07837087940, or email me [email protected] .

Regards,

Lee James

BDM

Orange Plant

Edited by lee-orange

Shane with the HB20 selling over 40 last year alone it speaks for itself, 2 in stock with 14 following. A demo is no problem although I have 2 booked already.

We also offer a HB19 self propelled with 20 or 27hp which I have sold one this morning + a manual push HB19 with 13hp. Failing this we now offer the 2250xp as a narrow option which I also sold one this morning. I have an ex demo with 50hrs if your interested, failing that just traded in the following.

Predator F350 pedestrian

Predater P28 Tracked 26" width

PM me if you need further info

Dean, where is this mythical screw...?

Could you tell me where in the manual just in case I ever need to freewheel it? I probally couldn't budge it anyway weighing in at 63kg...

Anyway, I don't have a great experience of grinders except out HB20 and a shoitey 18hp push/pull hire Laski (never again!)

Our HB20 earns us good money.

True, it can tip if you don't level the ground but a bit of rake work becomes second nature after a while.

Slopes are a bitch but I tend to dig a wee flat for the wheels if I can.

I have to admit, its the slopes that get me as I'm a bit light myself.

Still, very few stumps escape me and my HB20.

I have always found Global decent people to deal with from sales to spares and maintenance advice.

If I had the money I would have bought a bigger more stable grinder but I certainly don't regret buying our HB20.

Ty

No problem I will forward tomorrow, one screw on the pump that you slacken one turn & slacken the two screws on the counterbalance valve if its fitted. The counterbalance valve is still the only change since being launched, this can be fitted FOC & this is the sole part that keeps the wheels locked whilst grinding making it stable.