Register of Tree Work Operatives

jaime bray

With 13585 members and the favourite weather girl thread running at 51152 views it would appear that one of us is in the wrong. It must be me, sincerest apologies.

Unregistered visitors/guests?

Length of time the thread has been open?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only apologise for the poor content of the thread as you see it. My involvement has not been from the outset, and with all the love in the world staying abreadth of the current developments let alone the history etc behind the scheme doesnt come close to being as important as other things happening in my life.

Jaime, you seem to be taking all this somewhat personally.

Don't!

I appreciate you may not have all the answers, but I think it fair to say that there have been others who have involvement in/knowledge of the scheme that have also posted within the thread.

If they have now gone quiet and left you as the last (wo)man standing, then maybe you should re-think trying to respond to comments/questions you're not necessarily equipped to answer.

Like I said before, we are all volunteers on here, and we're all equally dedicated and passionate about the things we believe in.

We wouldn't be on here otherwise.

Jaime, you seem to be taking all this somewhat personally.

Don't!

I appreciate you may not have all the answers, but I think it fair to say that there have been others who have involvement in/knowledge of the scheme that have also posted within the thread.

If they have now gone quiet and left you as the last (wo)man standing, then maybe you should re-think trying to respond to comments/questions you're not necessarily equipped to answer.

Like I said before, we are all volunteers on here, and we're all equally dedicated and passionate about the things we believe in.

We wouldn't be on here otherwise.

Im not a take things personally type person.

I have requested from the committee an up to date briefing paper for the industry, but as significant changes have occured over the last fortnight previous papers need to be re-written, and a landing page/website is being produced as soon as possible. But as is the case with every working person these days time is short, however every effort is being made to ensure that things are done as swiftly as possible.

Further information will be disseminated via the thread and other forms of media as and when it becomes available. The info will be for those that are interested in getting to know more about the scheme and therefore allowing them to make a judgement as to whether they deem the scheme may be fit for them.

Those that do not deem it fit, well common sense would suggest that they do not register.

Edited by jaime bray

Who (apart from those in the R2 steering group) actually wants this for the industry?

Hi Pete, good post.

Part of our collective (AA/ISA/Lantra/NPTC etc.) role within the industry in whihc we all work is to seek to professionalise it to make it a better place for those who are serious and seek to earn an honest living from it BUT to also further marginalise those who don't.

Having a clear career/progression structure within, whihc we don't have currently...at least not in any recognised format, is considered to be a step in the right direction. PSF/R2 will be a voluntary scheme which it is beleived will help gain recogntioin of the none quantifiable skills which come with (good) expereince and industry exposure and to seek to shift the emphasis from the current 'ticket culture' to something more meaningful.

In all honest many larger companies alreday have something internal whihc, in part, is used to dictate pay scales and seniority etc. but it is anticpated it will aid all prospective employers in engaging staff of the appropriate qualifications AND expereince / skills etc.

Hope this answers your question, at least in part, but I acknowledge it could have been aimed at the wider ARBTALK audience to gauge the views of others (hence, apologies if I've misinterpreted here.)

Cheers..!

Paul

So in case i have missed it, in black and white, what is this going to cost me (or anyone) to register with and get approved?

Hi Steve, to register (a nominal fee of £25 is what they were talking about...I think, and probably annually.)

It's not an individual approval thing, I don't believe, as there won;t be any assessment of teh indivudal 'per se'...BUT if you're looking for an industry approval :lol:

Just read back my post and probably doesn't help a great deal so I'll ask Jaime to reply...plus 'awful' spelling:confused1:

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks Paul,

So just to clarify, this isn't something thats going to be marketed to private companies and homeowners looking to employ arborists to carry out their work, rather its going to marketed solely within the industry to be used to help arborists gain employment?

Yeah, exactly (it won't be aimed at 'Joe Public') and kinda (help arborist to gain employment.)

But one of the main motivations behind it is to try to get away from the current 'ticket culture' that prevails, well at least in the 'medium-larger employer' domain (prob less so in the small business as you often know the perosn you're employing / engaging.)