Tis the season to see Fungi, fa la la la la....

David Humphries

you found the daedaleas by the lake, good lad.

Ok wild guess as i dont know the daedalea but is it Daedalea quercina (oak maze gill) and the other one on the beech pic is that and this is a long shot Pseudotrametes gibbosa :confused1:

Daedalea x 2

G. applanatum

Laetiporus sulphureus

G. australe

I know the middle 2 I thought the top one was Inonotus radiatus or Phellinus SPP but could see as i got closer that was wrong. On the last one I thought it was Ganoderma but could not get my head around the light colour .:confused1:

few more of the Ganoderma bracket .I guess the colour is just down to other stuff growing on the tree which has coated the top layer of the bracket at the same time . When i looked on google images i could see how many forms and colours this and any fungi can take .:thumbup1:

mathew, lovely Yew rack of laeti! awesome shots, panic suamosus? still plenty of wood for this happy necrotroph me thinks.

The Sycamore is completely hollow and was rotten well into the crown (according to the farm who cleared the tree from his field for us). There is about 4 inches of wood at the top and 2 inches at the base with nothing in the middle. We are in two minds about the remaining stem. Leave a pollard or fell.