Rec climb Watford/ Hunting for uk gems.

nathan marshall

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the big plane by the wier on the canal bridge is a tricky climb and massive, watch out for the large deadwood portions!

the SSSI was awarded for pycnoporus cinnabarinus at the time there was only four records within the U.K if my memory serves me well. a few more these days, not all of the wood is designated SSSI but should be

Right just a few quick things getting ready for a good ole climbing day down in watford, well whos coming ?? i would like to have an idea of numbers but by all means its an open invite for all us tree climbing arbtalkers.

i will post up where we will be meeting but its the wippendell woods car park just off grove mill lane, we will probably meet at 10 is everyone cool with that or a bit earlier.

on the 2nd of feb

as it is a public woods im sure there will be people walking past may ask a few questions so i think it will be a good idea we all bring lids just looks a bit better and we dont want any injurys.

after all we are looking for UK gems, whos got a few tape measures. i do have a 50M one but its pants.

Im bringing my kelly kettle as well for some hot drinks bring your own mugs. you all may want to bring lunch as well as its a drive to go and get food.

awaiting your replys

nathan:thumbup1: