10mm ish dynamic for lanyard....suggestions

WorcsWuss

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not IMO. it was more aimed at worcwuss's reply though

Doh! Did he say static? I thought we were talking about dynamic!

I can be a proper space cadet sometimes.....:001_rolleyes:

In that case I have no idea....! Too much heat in the event of a fall I imagine....?

I have been using dynamic lanyard for quite some time now. The Beal Unicore is the best to get for using with a Cinch and giving you the comfort of a dynamic rope while doing removals etc.

The beal is 10.5 mm and really strong. I have also been using it for the brigde in my TM for over a year now and still no signs of damage / wear.

The best thing about a dynamic lanyard is your body won't get al the action trough. the dynamic lanyard just absorbs all the action and not your back ! This specialy for rigging down while standing on spurs in the lanyard, with pruning there's no difference except for the part where it is the only certified config to use dynamic rope with the cinch ;-)

They should sell it at some mountaineering rock climbing companies in the UK i guess.

Climb safe

Running lowering lines over your lanyard..... Shock, are you serious !!!

That's the worst case scenario with every lanyard and I reckon it doens't really make a difference if it's dynamic or static in that case.....

Climb safe

Running lowering lines over your lanyard..... Shock, are you serious !!!

That's the worst case scenario with every lanyard and I reckon it doens't really make a difference if it's dynamic or static in that case.....

Climb safe

Well unfortunatly sh##t happens, I would rather have 10mm armor pruss over a dynamic lanyard if i was in that situation, better to know the limitations of your equipment than for someone to hurt themselves.