advice needed

onefingerpress

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup I here you mate. It took me about a year to self fund my 38/39 and now I am trying to get the funds together for a climbing kit lol so I can work at least as a groundy.

Doing my first aid refresher v soon "which I think dole will pay for"

I cant pimp myself as a groundy with out a climbing kit! I just cant do that. It is fundamentally wrong. If my climber had an accident I wont be able to rescue him/her.

I am all for helping and encouraging and supporting others. But I too want helped and supported lol.

So most of us earn the money to get us tickets to earn money to pay for other people to get tickets? What a F*(£!&& joke

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping people get a start but...........

Yes but look at it this way.

Job centre pays for £500 cs30/31 course

Person gets a job from it, therefore not getting £300 a month jobseekers allowance anymore + pays around £200 a month income tax & NI (on £60/day wage)

Or would you, as a tax payer, rather pay another £3500 if they continue to sign on for the next year? (not forgetting the £2500 in lost income tax & NI contributions)

Yes but look at it this way.

Job centre pays for £500 cs30/31 course

Person gets a job from it, therefore not getting £300 a month jobseekers allowance anymore + pays around £200 a month income tax & NI (on £60/day wage)

Or would you, as a tax payer, rather pay another £3500 if they continue to sign on for the next year? (not forgetting the £2500 in lost income tax & NI contributions)

Never looked at it that way and yes it does make sense in the long term :thumbup1:

My point is that if one can get we should all be able to get! Fairness and equality and all that!

But this is not how it is!

So if you are say an IT engineer earning £40k a year wanting to get in arb, you should get the same funding as someone who has been signing on for 6 months and really struggling to find work as they have no qualifications?

I would find it hard to believe that an IT engineer or anyone with that income would need funding. I kind of find this argument a bit random and not on point. :S

No what I mean is that all of us that are currently on the dole that are trying to get funding for tickets or tools to get back to work should be treated with the same fairness.

As far as I know the dole will not help and should not help someone that is employed and on a healthy income.

Where did you pull that from anyway? Do you think I am that IT engineer on 40k?

I am not looking to start a fight with you I just wonder if there is some thing I missed as often is the case with txt communication.

I perhaps should have avoided this thread :( I have been on the dole for 2 years now and really struggling with it.

Edited by Matt GT

Crossed wires is seems.

You said

"My point is that if one can get we should all be able to get! Fairness and equality and all that!

But this is not how it is!"

I thought you had a job but wanted the same funding entitlement to someone on jobseekers. I didn't realise you were signing on. :)