Why is work so hard to find?

chipper080

When i had work it was all local and my tractor was just the thing for getting gear around and when i worked on farms i only needed a tractor licence now work is more outside of the village a car or 4x4 is more needed.

I can drive them just need to take test to make it legal for me to go on the road.

Thank's ash and happy new year to you to.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get out tomorrow and start knocking on doors. See what work people have, garden clearance, painting, fence repairs, whatever.

Then when you've gone right round your village get on your bike and go to the next village and do the same. Print off some flyers and take them with you, put them in local shops, give them to people etc, just do what you need to do in order to get yourself known. Then once you've got some money together you can put it towards driving lessons.

My parents live in Somerset and were recently complianing that they can't find anyone to do the jobs around the place that they just can't manage now that they are in there 80's.

There's always work out there, maybe not loads but it's there.

HI MATE MY gran dad was 97 when he went on back 3 years ago . back 70/80 years ago he got on his bike and went 7/10 miles to work on that bike after a 10/12hrs work a day how things are to day :thumbup1:jon

At what price are the big players doing it for , what over heads have you got that they don't have , open your eye and get out there and work.No one on here has made you feel good about yourself because you won't let them.

I cut tree's , grass , paint walls and if asked wash windows after cutting a tree for one old person I was asked to come back every 3 week and cut grass and clean the garden all year round and the list go's on and on. I hope you find something mate , good night.

I wouldn't ring any employer for reasons that have already been said by others. I'm an employer and to be honest I very rarely take up guys who ring up asking for work unless the timing is lucky and at that moment I had just been let down or needed a hand for a big upcoming job I've just booked in.

But if someone was to get my address from the yellow pages, get on there push bike, ride 20 miles in the rain and knock on my door to tell me there story and say that they would be more then happy doing it every day if its what it takes to get on the ladder then that paints a completely different story. It wouldn't matter to me what qualifications you did or did not have, because you would have ticked the most important box for an employer......

Just a thought!!

P.s please don't cycle to my house tonight and bang on my door. I'm going to bed :-)

Not in chagford i am just as well to walk as no one will lend anything here.

Plus i was going to make enquires in getting funding to take car test with job centre in morning.

friends are slim around here as not in pub every night.

off to bed now and get up early to make calls.

Edited by chipper080

I would cycle around if i had a bike but only got the phone and my legs for now.

Chipper

you have resorted back to the doom and gloom mode again.

forget trying to make things not work.

Now get ya arse in gear and MAKE IT WORK.

No good sitting on here telling everyone why it wont work for you.

Tomorrow organise some way be it bike,bus walk, lift pogo stick if you like to get to places around you. be it other villages or towns.

When you have worked out how you are going to get to the work go find the work.

When a future employer asks how you are going to get to place of work you can say well

My neighbour works in xxxx village he has said he is hapy tog ive me a lift until i take my test.

Offer to have at least taken your test witin trial period, this way it shows commitment to your future employer.

Get off ya arse and sort it man

And dont post how you cant do it again!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:thumbup1: