Help needed to decide.

Enduras1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreover here in Greece both the 560 and 550 are available only with 18" bars and the customer dont have the ability to change to another length prior to purchasing.

Wish I there was a 18" tech-light which woyld make the saw great in my opinion.

Do you agree with me that the 3/8 bar of the 560 with the 0.5 chain is an advantage over the 0.325 of the 560????

No, the .325 is a lighter chain requiring less of the power to pull round the bar, allowing more power in the kerf (cut), also with such a long bar a 3/8 chain would sap the power a lot more, I have used a 60cc saw with 3/8 chains and I don't find they pull as well as a .325

American market only Skip chain in soft wood .

Which on a 92dl chain means you only have 23 teeth hardly seems worth the cost! You're better off having an 18" bar and learning to cut over bar length, I use a 28" bar on my 385 but it has more power to pull through the cut, just don't do many trees as its a little heavy

Which on a 92dl chain means you only have 23 teeth hardly seems worth the cost! You're better off having an 18" bar and learning to cut over bar length, I use a 28" bar on my 385 but it has more power to pull through the cut, just don't do many trees as its a little heavy

In soft wood the skip chain clears the chip more efficiently because there are less cutters. The "rectangular tunnel " created buy the kirf and the the area from the top of the cutter down to the top of the tie straps carries more chip so clears better . This helps to avoid clogging on relatively long bars . Having said that I would not put anything longer than 18" .325 on my 560 . I have other big saws for long bars . ( see thread "show us your saws " )