Flipping rain..... Leaky roof question

blades

A thin membrane will touch the lower edges of your roofing sheets and some condensation will still form but should be much improved. On the advise of a friend I put a sheet of standard poly sheet under one of our tin roofs and it does help. In my workshop I have also added a rigid PU insulation sheets between the rafters and then sealed all gaps with tape or expanding foam and this has completely eliminated condensation on the roof but not cheap.

On your previous question I would take Guss109 up on his offer as as the proper foams guns are a pleasure to use.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

A thin membrane will touch the lower edges of your roofing sheets and some condensation will still form but should be much improved. On the advise of a friend I put a sheet of standard poly sheet under one of our tin roofs and it does help. In my workshop I have also added a rigid PU insulation sheets between the rafters and then sealed all gaps with tape or expanding foam and this has completely eliminated condensation on the roof but not cheap.

On your previous question I would take Guss109 up on his offer as as the proper foams guns are a pleasure to use.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice.... I did think about spraying insulation foam (which I believe is much the same as expanding foam) on the underside of the tin, I have heard good reports.... I assume some of the guns spray in a fan effect??

After I priced it, it seemed that sarking/membrane was a cheaper (and perhaps better) solution?

Yes... The offer from Guss109 was a kind one.

Again thanks for the advice :thumbup:

Here are the pics.

Top one is polythene sheet under box profile roofing sheets. This does get some condensation where it touches the sheets and has broken down with the UV over the clear panels.

Lower pic is 50mm PU insulation sheet fixed with wooden pads and filled with spray foam and has eliminated condensation in this shed.

Sorry not very good pictures as very dark but hopefully you can see enough.

DSC00189.jpg.4dcb9fd4a5bde759bc6cdd329370d9f6.jpg

DSC00183.jpg.08fdaf2b99d38b1198896a28095b4b76.jpg

Edited by Woodworks

Here are the pics.

Top one is polythene sheet under box profile roofing sheets. This does get some condensation where it touches the sheets and has broken down with the UV over the clear panels.

Lower pic is 50mm PU insulation sheet fixed with wooden pads and filled with spray foam and has eliminated condensation in this shed.

Sorry not very good pictures as very dark but hopefully you can see enough.

Thanks for that :thumbup1: