Ratting

Pat Ferrett

i must say i do love a spot of ratting any form hiting em with a stick, air gun, terrier, digging or smoking em out or even wasting money & shooting em with the .410!!!!!

i`v had ferrets really torn up by rats that were in rabbit warrens 1 was that badly injured it had to be put down!

so i would definatly not put a ferret on to a rat on purpose!!!!!

the 4ft rat was a coypu!!! there was a big debate abut it in the shooting press!!!!

every dog should be vaccined against weils disease as all dogs love to drink from puddles! & thats where they will catch it!!!!

i have tried peanut butter & oil mixed & have had good results with it!!

i`m now off to get me some nutella! asap!!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI CHRIS im told mate if you put them on rats there no good on rabbits thanks jon :thumbup:

a load of bunkem!!:thumbdown:

most ferrets worked to rat will eventually give up & become work shy of rats as they know what battle awaits them below ground!!!!

the same ferret will willingly still work rabbit!!!:thumbup1:

a load of bunkem!!:thumbdown:

most ferrets worked to rat will eventually give up & become work shy of rats as they know what battle awaits them below ground!!!!

the same ferret will willingly still work rabbit!!!:thumbup1:

HI DAVE I've not had ferrets so there ok on rats then rabbit but i do not like the sound of it as rats are good fun with the gun jon :thumbup:

i`v seen the same dexta a mate always worked rats with his ferrets & they were true biters!!!!

they got hold & meant it & would only let go when submerged in water!!

i would rater smoke em out for the terriers or in my case bobery pack (a mix of any type of dog terrier, alsation ect)

last winter between xmas & new year i had a call from a farmer i shoot pigeons for & he told me there were thousands of rats on his middin tip

he was not lying there were truely thousands of them i had a good week shooting them with the air rifle i was there from 8 on a morning to 9-10 at night i was getting about 40 an hour to start with then it would die off for a couple of hours & then the action would start again!!!!

on the last day i only got 80 all day the following day we got the dogs & the smoker in

the dogs claimed another 214 rats in 5 hours!!!!

it was an epic week for me!!!! the first time i had emptyed my dive bottle in a week thats for sure!!!!!

i`v seen the same dexta a mate always worked rats with his ferrets & they were true biters!!!!

i would rater smoke em out for the terriers or in my case bobery pack (a mix of any type of dog terrier, alsation ect)

last winter between xmas & new year i had a call from a farmer i shoot pigeons for & he told me there were thousands of rats on his middin tip

he was not lying there were truely thousands of them i had a good week shooting them with the air rifle i was there from 8 on a morning to 9-10 at night i was getting about 40 an hour to start with then it would die off for a couple of hours & then the action would start again!!!!

on the last day i only got 80 all day the following day we got the dogs & the smoker in

it was an epic week for me!!!! the first time i had emptyed my dive bottle in a week thats for sure!!!!!

HI MATE what air rife have you got mate thanks jon :thumbup:

One thing we used todo when working young ferrets was cope them ,it stops them killing down the hole making them easer to get out.(cope them is to tie there mouth shut so they couldn't bite) suppose you could do this if you wanted to work them on rats