Electric saw advice needed (sorry!)

woodentop

Just wanted to say thanks for ALL the replies and suggestions. I have taken them all onboard and researched every one suggested.

I have made my mind up and ordered it...... not going to say which for fear of looking like I've ignored others advice. I will try it out when it arrives and just hope I've made the right decision....... I will let you know.

Hopefully this "quieter" option will allow me to try a few larger objects rather than my little craftknife jobbies - heres a couple (bit too small to attempt real detail) and it helps if you know what a deers face looks like.

littledeer.jpg.34aba27fccd78b453fea59c085f9b9e1.jpg

littlebear.jpg.69e85bb6d06b9cdf222369dfe398b188.jpg

:crying:

So which one did u get?

Well I wasn't going to say in case the others who replied thought I'd just ignored their comments. But thats always the case. If you ask more than one person you're bound to get different answers - sometimes just a case of personal preference.

In the end I went for the Husqvarna 321el. My reasoning was that they are always in the top two choices along with stihl in general chainsaw choice.

The Stihl was quite a bit dearer on all sites. The Husq had the 2000w power I wanted and its no load speeed was 15.2metres per second, which again was the sort of speed I was looking for....and the price I paid seemed good as it included the vat and delivery. Imight have got it a few pounds cheaper if I continued searching the net but could have gone on forever like that.

I didnt go for the Makita because I had read quite a few times about oiling probs, but then again, if you read reviews you normally ony see bad ones. When somebody buys something that they are happy with, they just get on with it and say nothing. When they are unhappy they want to vent their anger they stick it on the internet. I reckon Makita probably sell more leccy chainsaws than Stihl or Husq so its reasonable to assume they get more comments, Well thats my thinking.

The only thing I'm a bit peed off with is that the Husq has that "front screw" chain tensioner. You know the one---the one you have to dig out to find under all the sticking damp wood debris and your knuckles catch against the bar when trying to use the screwdriver! .

There no chance of it coming now before Xmas, so I will let you know how it goes........... and if its rubbish, you can all say TOLD YOU SO!!!!