?? This Oak needs your help ??

John Hancock

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Particularly page 134.....U John :sneaky2:

Bundle 2 if you've got something to say, say it please.

The intention of posting the Oak thread was to encourage people to talk/think about the safety implications and remedial measures associated with tree care, not to score points.

Nearly every post you make, you seem to be either attacking or questioning peoples’ judgments, opinions, and knowledge. Why ?

There is no need for it on here. I keep asking my team to join Arbtalk – You know what their answer is ?

‘All they do is bitch and slag people off on there’ – Perhaps they are right???

Quote - was told by someone that removing the fruit can slow inonotus fungus down as it releases exsess moisture droplets that come out when growing but i not sure if that is true - Quote

As I understand it, the droplets, are the fruiting bodies management of the water content within the area of woody matter that the fungus is trying to clonise.

If the wood is too wet, then the ingress of decay is stifled.

Bundle 2 if you've got something to say, say it please.

The intention of posting the Oak thread was to encourage people to talk/think about the safety implications and remedial measures associated with tree care, not to score points.

Nearly every post you make, you seem to be either attacking or questioning peoples’ judgments, opinions, and knowledge. Why ?

There is no need for it on here. I keep asking my team to join Arbtalk – You know what their answer is ?

‘All they do is bitch and slag people off on there’ – Perhaps they are right???

You asked the question John....at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, I replied as it contains info re: Inonotus dryadeus

If you know it all, dont ask.

You cannot expect people to not be interested and inquire for more info...esp as you play some foolish game of hiding info/ not posting facts etc....rendering your initial question unanswerable without further detail.

Perhaps you need to think about that and not be so defensive all the time...

Finally, as I considered my last post, I submitted the dialogue for preview only to be posted up....tough, get over it frankly.

I am not having a go at you . I was as polite as necessary eg " if its not too cheeky " etc.....There was nothing that i wished to say by some veiled hidden agenda either......perhaps they are right!!

WWWOoooooowwwwww.....

This thread did get bitchy...I have to say, i don't think this is Inonotus dryadeus...still looking like good old grifola.

You're reduction was excellent, except the vertical edge on the right hand side, ha...but impressive PS skills...

And in terms of removing fruit bodies, this will not slow down the attack of the pathogen, not to my knowledge anyway...As stated the fruit body is the reproductive i.e. spores etc part of the fungi, it will not slow down an infection.

You asked the question John....at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, I replied as it contains info re: Inonotus dryadeus

If you know it all, dont ask.

You cannot expect people to not be interested and inquire for more info...esp as you play some foolish game of hiding info/ not posting facts etc....rendering your initial question unanswerable without further detail.

Perhaps you need to think about that and not be so defensive all the time...

Finally, as I considered my last post, I submitted the dialogue for preview only to be posted up....tough, get over it frankly.

I am not having a go at you . I was as polite as necessary eg " if its not too cheeky " etc.....There was nothing that i wished to say by some veiled hidden agenda either......perhaps they are right!!

I have never professed to know it all, and never will.

I’m glad people were interested. (That was the whole intention of the thread)

I had no intention of ‘playing a foolish game’, and I’m sad that you think so. (Sometimes if you present all the facts straight away, the answers will come equally fast and the thread will be over before you know it).

As for politeness – I’ll let the others decide.

PS got me too...was thinking you had some real neat curve cutting skills there ...mm perfect - Glad I don't now have to attempt to replicate that standard of neatness....Thought it was a MEWP and hedge cutter job :001_tongue:

On topic though I agree with Lee's primary approach of mulching and a little tlc....think the "sanitised" environment is the main cause of lowered resistance.

I don't think reduction is necessary until the tips start to become affected and dieback or reduced annual increments are noted. It looks like it is still in pretty good nick apart from fb's evident.

We do some work on similar estates populated with mature oaks but not seen much in the way of funghi yet...still early days for me though