avant loaders

carl deeley

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How good are these machines on uneven ground or a side slope? "

Side slopes require a bit of care, I've put wider rubber on my little CSF, together with modest wheel spacers, but the hubs go straight onto the wheel motors so you can't push this too far. The CofG seems a bit lower on these than on small Weidemanns etc. with front articulation and seat above motor.

Worth noting re rough ground that Avants, like most CSFs ( but not Dean's GT) are rigid laterally, ie no oscillation joint, so driving over a lump means a wheel in the air and a very distinct tipover point. There is/ was a Dutch firm (Vano) that made an Avant knockoff with a Weidemann type pendulum joint.

Hi, the rigid articulation joint prevents sideways pivot and it a very important feature in a machine of this size. Thanks to this rigid design the risk of tipping the machine over is greatly reduced, because the rear chassis is counterbalancing the front chassis at all times, preventing the front chassis from movement which could otherwise destabilise the machine. Having been an operator for over 12 years and being a demo driver at many machinery shows I pay testament to the stability of the machine, achieved because of this feature

If you want to , take a look at the following you tube videos showing this stability.

Well, a rigid machine has some advantages, particularly on level ground, but there are disadvantages too, particularly on uneven ground. Personally, the latter is more important and I wouldn't buy another rigid small artic loader. Your mileage may differ.

I would like the option of rigid or articulating, on bumpy muddy ground, all four wheels need to be in contact. I have never found a problem with it, many a time when I have felt the machine lift a wheel or show signs of becoming unstable I have gone to lock off the articulation which has sent it a bit further and made it worse

Good ways to make a machine more stable or for added peace of mind is to add wheel weights or fill with water, I noticed in the vid the machines were demo'ing carry no load

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

I wanted to buy an Avant... I was referred to a dealer in Scotland and despite me having to call him and leaving 2 messages for him to call me.... still nothing!!

Very poor customer service always puts me off :thumbdown:

It may well be a very good bit of kit but with this kind of service I won't be investing in one!!

my loader a Schaffer 2026:thumbup: has oscillation and having put 1400 odd hours have only once nearly put the thing on its side.havining said that it is very easy to pick a wheel up whilst going round a corner ( with a load on ) or if on rough ground.

the oscillation is really good on rough ground when back raking or floating the bucket for instance

Any articulating loader will be more tippy when articulated just dont go yahooing around corners with the bucket up .take it easy and you'll never overturn one