coal removal

Stephen Blair

ah you ment railway wagons! look like freightliner HHA hopper wagons to me, they are normaly pulled by EMD jt42cwr (class 66)

if it were EWS they would be HTA hopper wagons though still normaly pulled with class 66's

;)

all i know is the train engine bit weighed 185 tonnes and its horn was awesome. i am going to ask for a shot next time i am there.

the horn and the train.:001_smile:

i take it you enjoy a bit of train spotting

Unless it is pulled by a steam train then it wont be 185t loco, the main freight locos are all under 128t (class 59, class 66, class 67)

The weight’s are listed on all loco & wagons on the side with there TOPS code (HHA, HTA, etc) & number

If it was diesel-electric for it to be 185t they would have to be yank locos like the SD70, SD75, SD80, SD90, Dash-9, AC4400 or AC6000 etc which are all to big for the UK rail network loading gauge (width/hight)

No not a train spotter & never have been. ;)

Unless it is pulled by a steam train then it wont be 185t loco, the main freight locos are all under 128t (class 59, class 66, class 67)

The weight’s are listed on all loco & wagons on the side with there TOPS code (HHA, HTA, etc) & number

If it was diesel-electric for it to be 185t they would have to be yank locos like the SD70, SD75, SD80, SD90, Dash-9, AC4400 or AC6000 etc which are all to big for the UK rail network loading gauge (width/hight)

No not a train spotter & never have been. ;)

when the train drove over the weigh bridge is said 185. maybe the driver was a big lad:confused1:

Stevie are they sleeves on a timber grab or a dedicated clamshell mate ? I always fancied a clamshell for my Valmet but they look so small on a roof mount lol. Bet ot took ages to shift that coal !

its just sleeves, and a long u bolt that holds them onto the grab, really good.

no use for bricks and boulder but excellent for soil,sand,chips and now coal.

it is 2 really heaped wheelbarrows worth.

it is pretty awkward to unload, but i am getting better and we have sussed a pretty good angle, i was out for 6 hrs but i was probably unloading for about 3.there isnt much room so we had to move to let the wagons move,bobcat was clearing away my stuff but we werent aloud to work together. but a really good we number i think. oh and these guys love stopping for a cuppa, and it is an hourly rate:001_smile: