Best head cam

Rich2484

Ok looking at getting a head cam , probably go pro. Want to do some videoing of work but also for the lifeboat.

Needs to work well and will probably get wet so what cover will work well. And will take a bit of a bashing. And good in low level light.

Where does the best deal aswell.

I must admit I would love a go pro. But I've heard with the waterproof plastic cover on that I would need for lifeboat vids it can be big and cumbersome to wear. And when wearing all the yellow rain gear and the new life jackets that have more bits on them than my climbing harness the camera can get in the way a bit.

Hmmm could be a dear Santa moment.

Ok. Go pro hero2 it is then. My Xmas prezzie. Been decided. Getting the surf edition one as it comes with the waterproof kit. Will have to get some of those auto inflating key rings incase it goes overboard.

Watch this space for videos from the lifeboat. :thumbup:

Drift 170 stealth, after looking around for a very long time I got one last year. The go pro looks like it wont last long being very vulnerably but they are used a lot on programs like axmen etc, but they dont mind if one gets smashed... we do.

The battery life on the stealth is very good but I got the bigger capacity one just in case, to be honest I should have saved the money as the standard on is fine.

It fits nice on a helmet of car windscreen but seen them on bikes, fixed mine on a strimmer shaft just playing around and it worked great esspecially with the remote on my wrist, very handy if your up a tree and want to turn it on/off.

They now make a shorter version that is exactly the same only smaller and lens are replacable in case you are unlucky.

Worth a look, I am glad I did.

Oh and you can play back & view on the screen which some cams dont have so you can adjust on your helmet and check before you start so your sure your going to have a good shot. Instead of get home and look what you shot then disapointed because it wasnt giving you the coverage you thought it was. Also check you can zoom or use wide angle before you dive in and buy any other cam on price alone.

good luck & look forward to some good vids

The go pro looks like it wont last long being very vulnerably but they are used a lot on programs like axmen etc, but they dont mind if one gets smashed... we do.

You'd be surprised at the strength of the GoPro camera case, even the camera outside of the case stands up pretty well [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-KvtA20v8]gopro freefall from 12500 without case - YouTube[/ame]

I think where the drift works really well is the profile, for a helmet cam it's perfect and is less likely to get a knock in the first place, or get snagged up.

Just looked into the drift camera.

The reviews I've read have all been good so far, with the expet ion of the usual about the video not being crisp enough etc etc, sure this is just a helmet cam thing tho.

It does look good. Not much price difference e between this and the gopro.

Does it have attachments for lids??? Looked into the attachment options and it says to buy another battery for it. Also have you found out the max length of the recording? Read it was about 37 minutes and it starts another file over righting the first one so lost video? Can it take a memory card?

Being on the lifeboat could mean I'm recording for a while and I don't want to lose any video.

Sorry to bombard you with the questions but thought I would ask someone who has one rather than read reviews.