Harkie Climbing Gear

WoodMouse

eZ.

Just wondering if anyone here uses Harkie Climbing gear.Been looking for a harness and these seem nice. I'm not to keen on the look of the stringy leg attachments, and the straps seem less likely to tangle. Stitching seems to be good quality. Other one i'm considering is the Austrian 3.1 harness. Liked allot of the other things Harkie do, flip lines, boots, gloves and spikes. Was going DMM with the hardware and not decided on ropes yet, but Yale look good. Dont fancy hanging from stitching and spliced seems the way forwards. Certainly never find a stitched rope on a boat.

Any thoughts

Harkie - Ascend Harness :: The In Tree Armchair

Petzl SEQUOIA SWING Harness and the Skylotec Kolibri "Click" Harness 2D are also looking nice. I'm going to see Honey Bros next week but they dont stock Harkie.

I'd suggest trying as many harnesses as possible first. Personally i love my Harkie and haven't found anything more comfortable. I tried the Tree Austria , Sequoia and Skylotec but found them all uncomfortable.

I did however like the Tree motion (tried a friends that wasn't set-up to my body shape) but my work don't supply those so the Harkie it was.

The tree motion does seem to be the best. A guy at work has one and he's been climbing for ten years now. So i guess he's been in a few. The Harkie just seemed less fussy, and i know from using dive gear that sometimes less is more. Start clipping everything and the kitchen sink to your ass and stuff gets complicated.

Have been living with the Harkie ascend for a month or so now and am enjoying it. I had dragonfly before that but fancied a change. It's not as comfy as the Dragonfly but not as ball busting as a petzl, nice inbetween harness, the freedom of the petzl but comfier, and light.

With all my previous harnesses it has always been a gamble, in an ideal world you would spend a few weeks getting used to the kit before buying but that aint gonna happen.

Read the thread about the harkie review and my thread asking about the ascend a while back, it helped with my choice, remember that it is a very personel thing and in the end it's your choice, and you will get used to it whatever you buy.

Happy hunting.

Bing!

i climbed in the harkie just yesterday, it was fairly comfortable my only gripes were that the leg loops did not go small enough, i am a regular medium sized guy, and the leg pads were practically chaffing me ringer!! i much prefer the petzle sequioa, tree motion, tree flex. but like everything it is different strokes for different blokes..